Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to your opinion the game is dependent on the language? The cards all have a lot of text? The cards are symbols and icons that can help understanding? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A rule book translation ought to be enough. Most of the card content is symbols and numbers. The exceptions that come to mind are:

① the specific effects of outcomes on the advancement cards, but this is duplicated in the rule book.

② the specific effects of some location tiles, for which a crib sheet would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All the mission cards have text you need to be able to read. Along with the advancement cards have text that help with success or failure outcomes.

Personally, I think there's too much text information for a person to memorize, I wouldn't recommend it for people who can't read english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Very few words on the mission cards. Some more on the advancement cards, but it should be easy to translate them (there are 10 advancement cards in the base game and 2 more in the expansion) if the players aren’t at ease in English.
If you’ve got a clear idea of the rules, the text on the cards isn’t a major problem.

However, you’ll have to be English fluent to read the rules. They aren’t extremely long, but – every – single - word (and footnote) counts in that rulebook.
Therefore, it will be hard to memorize all notion, icon, interaction (etc…) for people unable to check into the rulebook by themselves, from time to time, if you intent to play competitively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are very few words on the actual cards (components, locations, and missions). The mission card backgrounds are coordinated with their locations, and the pictures give you a clue as to what you need to do.

Personally, I love the game, and if it were in another language, I'd make the effort to learn enough Spanish, German, or Japanese to play it if it was not published in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.