Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
"This set features 16 polished radiant gold metal 12mm six-sided dice in a handcrafted wood and leather chest. SIGNIFICANTLY heavier than plastic or acrylic dice."

The metal dice are tempting, but I can do without the crafty little pirate chest.

$20.00 today at Miniature Market. MSRP is $49.95, for what it's worth. I wasn't able to find any other retailers to compare prices with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
I love this deal. These will make nice gifts for the holiday season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"radiant gold metal"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
SpoDaddy wrote:
"radiant gold metal"?

That there be pure gold. Are you also planning to melt these down into ingots and to flee to country in case your political party does not win come November? Dunno for sure but I'm thinking Belize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was just looking for some better options for tracking production in Terraforming Mars. These will be perfect. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbler wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
"radiant gold metal"?

That there be pure gold. Are you also planning to melt these down into ingots and to flee to country in case your political party does not win come November? Dunno for sure but I'm thinking Belize.

No, I'm wondering what "radiant gold metal" means. Aluminum? Nickel? Brass? I didn't realize that was a weird question to you, so sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Longholes

Providence
Rhode Island
msg tools
badge
SpoDaddy wrote:
dbler wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
"radiant gold metal"?

No, I'm wondering what "radiant gold metal" means. Aluminum? Nickel? Brass? I didn't realize that was a weird question to you, so sorry.

And sir, I responded to your weird question with the weird answer that this there be pure gold! I'm talkin' 24K. Maybe some tin in the middle for proper heat conductivity. I mean, I'm guessing based on how golden and shiney the dice are in the picture.

You can always email the metallurgists (or sales people) on the other end of info@t1supplies.com if you don't believe me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be worried about the "radiant gold metal" scratching, tarnishing, or flaking off. They look nice but after some use...I would doubt they could hold up to that given there isn't another affordable, durable metal they could be plated with to give that luster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
mbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
"radiant gold metal"?
It's like process cheese food. It's got cheese in the name, but brother, it ain't cheese.

quidom wrote:
They look nice but after some use...I would doubt they could hold up to that given there isn't another affordable, durable metal they could be plated with to give that luster.
There are a bunch of durable, "radiant gold" finishes that don't involve gold I think. Hard to say with these though, no reviews.

Hard to believe that in in the old days, we used to buy stuff without three pages of Amazon reviews. We were savages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:

Hard to believe that in in the old days, we used to buy stuff without three pages of Amazon reviews. We were savages.

LOL You're killing me, Sean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find metal dice at dx.com really cheap. I have gotten some off ebay as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
quidom wrote:
I would be worried about the "radiant gold metal" scratching, tarnishing, or flaking off. They look nice but after some use...I would doubt they could hold up to that given there isn't another affordable, durable metal they could be plated with to give that luster.

Worry about the surface you're tossing on! laugh

If they're like my "radiant" dice, they're heavy, so can damage soft wood or whatever if they're tossed hard enough. Eurogamers don't need to worry about this, but if you play with roleplayers... sheesh. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.