Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front and Combat Commander rule! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
http://bit.ly/2cLhdYr

The 2nd edition Vassal module is now complete and available on the Vassal website. I've updated the following:

- new map and counter art
- new charts
- new Staff Markers for orders, masked when drawn out onto the map (but if moved on map will then unmask)
- automated a few more things
- added a nice sub-menu system for units to send them back to specific areas on a player's OOB (after battle, for example, or when adding a detached unit to a Task Force)
- added dice and hits counter trackers with easy functions to move them
- added a turn track marker
- set up for historic scenario
- added notes on map and OOBs for the specific pre-game set-ups players need to do (especially see the area near Walchern where three stacks of German units need setting up per instructions)

Tom and Mary (and of course, Brian) have been an absolute pleasure to deal with during the process. I may have to offer to do some other Vassal modules for them in the future, as time permits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Vassal module update

Thanks so much for your work, David!
I appreciate it.

I'll be glad to put you to work again in future....

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes great news. I think I'm going to re-start my solo game, using vassal. My board survived my toddler but I need the desk space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front and Combat Commander rule! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted. Will post update when online and also update the Vassal page with some updated instructions and notes.

Online. See first post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Submitted. Will post update when online and also update the Vassal page with some updated instructions and notes.

Online. See first post.

Oops! Need to make a quick fix ... some game markers are not set for the correct ownership and don't appear on the map as they should. This affects game markers only, not units. I'll try to get this fixed tonight.

Posted, waiting for approval on Vassal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 2.1 now online. Added back in the turn track marker, hits remaining marker, and dice remaining marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much David!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.