Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Side missions with Ally's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Last night I started a campaign with my group and after we played (Aftermath) we set up the side mission(Sorry about the mess).

Once we set up the mission, There was HAN and two other Hero's. Since there are two hero's they get extra health and two activation's each per round.

Since Han is considered an Ally and not a hero we only give him one activation and two actions per round like the rules state for a ally character.

We had a lot of fun and the imperials won(me) Woo!!

But did we play this right when it came to Han's activation's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Han Solo's deployment card is exhausted at the end of his activation, just like any deployment card, and it readies at the ready step of the status phase.

Heroes exhaust an activation token after their activations. If they have two, they can activate twice per round. The activation tokens (but not the heroe's class and item cards) ready during the ready step of the status phase. Their class and item cards ready at the beginning of each of their activations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Ok thanks that helps. Looks like we were doing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vader813 wrote:
Last night I started a campaign with my group and after we played (Aftermath) we set up the side mission(Sorry about the mess).

Once we set up the mission, There was HAN and two other Hero's. Since there are two hero's they get extra health and two activation's each per round.

Since Han is considered an Ally and not a hero we only give him one activation and two actions per round like the rules state for a ally character.

As a reminder I would also just mention that Allies, since they're not Heroes, can only perform one attack during their activation and they can't interact with crates or rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
As a reminder I would also just mention that Allies, since they're not Heroes, can only perform one attack during their activation and they can't interact with crates or rest.

More precisely, non-heroes can only perform one action that contains one or more attacks. All figures can perform any number of attacks from abilities that are not actions, and perform special actions that do not contain attacks (like Slam). (Each special action can be only used once per activation.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Semi related, I've always thought the terminology the game uses is strange. If Imp/Merc named characters are called "villains", you'd expect Rebel named characters to be called "heroes". But that's obviously not the case, as they're actually "allies" while the player characters are "heroes". Not a huge gripe, just something that I think may confuse some new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
Vader813 wrote:

As a further reminder, I'd just point out that apostrophes are used to denote either possession or omission of letters (a contraction), and not to pluralize words. This is not specifically related to Imperial Assault, but seems relevant nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy N
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Additionally, it is generally considered a better play experience to use four rebel heroes as the missions are more balanced around four heroes instead of two or three. Since you are still early in your campaign, it might be worth considering. The first core campaign I played we added a rebel hero a couple missions in and it worked out fine - we did adjust the credits from all of the previous mission results and apply the appropriate XP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.