Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally!!! I have been following KDM's ranking almost daily since February and getting through the last 15 positions was like pulling teeth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long does a game normally take to settle down and be in basically a final spot?

One of the things that really gets me are the ranking for games currently being kickstarted (or at least ones that haven't delivered at all). People seem to rate their excitement...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine there will be another boost during the kickstarter in a few months. Then another one when those games actually ship.

I'm curious if there's a correlation between the amount of hate-rating and the closer you get to the top 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
I imagine there will be another boost during the kickstarter in a few months. Then another one when those games actually ship.

I'm curious if there's a correlation between the amount of hate-rating and the closer you get to the top 10.

I'm pretty sure there is. As of now, there is already a lot of 1s and 2s from people that seem to have never played the game.
If I had to guess, I'd say KDM will never reach top 100. The people voting against it just because "it has boobs", or "it's too expensive", or "I don't like co-ops" or "because my mommy said so" will only increase with the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:
sirgalin wrote:

I'm pretty sure there is. As of now, there is already a lot of 1s and 2s from people that seem to have never played the game.
If I had to guess, I'd say KDM will never reach top 100. The people voting against it just because "it has boobs", or "it's too expensive", or "I don't like co-ops" or "because my mommy said so" will only increase with the time.

It moving up indicates that there are more people voting for it than against it. Even more so given that the way the rankings are calculated is meant to pull games towards a center point, so there have to be an abundance of high ratings to overcome the phantom numbers. At least that's the speculation.

I think this deserves to be a top 100 game. If Blood Bowl could hang out there for years despite being OOP and costing hundreds to get into, so could this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, don't get me wrong. I'd love to see this game in the top 100. It's my only 10 (although I don't have a huge collection). I just can't see that happening, but I'd really like to be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Amazon, books that have a very small audience are the ones that have all 5 star reviews.

The broader the audience for the book gets, the more often it gets exposed to people who aren't the right audience for it.

On Board Game Geek, I think it is a similar social mechanic at work. Games on the Hotness are constantly in people's faces- so the more popular the game gets- and the more coverage the game gets- the more it is exposed to people who don't get it.

I remember one day looking to see what BGG had ranked #1, and I thought "Why would anyone play that?"

But then I didn't review it, because I hadn't. So there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:
Please, don't get me wrong. I'd love to see this game in the top 100. It's my only 10 (although I don't have a huge collection). I just can't see that happening, but I'd really like to be wrong.

I think it will most definitely hit the top 100. The average rating is through the roof and I believe the upcoming kickstarter will be huge - unless the pricing is too steep, which we still don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Smothers
msg tools
It will be in the top 100 in no time. Will probably end up around top 50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.