Subject: Request for comments. Asterion boss from H, H, and H module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for comments on my new boss. I played 3 rounds with it and I think I got it tweaked. Heroes got their butts handed to them 2 times and they won one by the skin of their teeth with only 1 hero left alive a 3rd time. My ask is - Do you think the difficulty matches 2 red skulls and if you can run a scenario with proxies how did the mechanics work for you? The demon minotaur model has a base of 3x3 so keep that in mind with your proxy. I provided the minion and captain cards because of stage 2.

Thank you in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also used the Orcneas Darkness deck with my test. I may do a darkness deck for the boss, but one thing at a time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great! How did they play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be a little biased laugh. Sometimes you are too close to a thing which is why I am asking for comments.

The Roar mechanic killed my heroes the first go round as the acolyte had 3 accumulated freeze effects by the second darkness cycle effectively having only one open slot. That and I started with too many minions and 2 captains which meant I barely put a dent in them even with a bunch of green and a blue equipment on each. (tweaked some values on the boss)

The second time Asterion stomped both heroes prone (loitering penalty doesn't really matter if the boss fight is the final act) which I thought was a great effect and added to the feel of the battle that they were battling something enormous. They got Asterion to stage 2 but one was killed with a demonic fireball and the other was killed by a Hucked Hoofer. Just the visual of that made me laugh and not mind too much that they lost again (tweeked the fireball to hit from 4 to 5 as 6 points of DMG in one go is rough - 3 attacks of 2 dmg each if they hit)

The minions and captain by themselves play well. Those have a lot of board time and are tweaked so that I am happy with them. My brother and I played the crap out of those working through Act1 of my custom module. Bottom line is that Roar mechanic is a bear and Raged minions hit hard. Kill those captains first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the details. It sounds super cool.

I was also wondering about the numbers of captains/minions you used so thanks for including that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.