Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
I picked up this game today and will be playing it this weekend. I've already read through the rules in preparation of breaking it in and it strikes me that 7 Scenarios is not very many. Are there more planned in expansions or other products coming soon?
I doubt it. The game is awesome, but was not very popular.
But fret not. The game is highly replayable as it is.
This is really a game in the same vein as Ghost Stories once you get down to it. Ghost stories has only 1 scenario if you want to see it that way. Apocalypse Chaos has 7.
This isn't a game like Mansions of Madness 2 or Time Stories where there are spoilers or some such things in a scenario. Scenarios can be replayed infinitely.
Creating custom scenarios is also real easy to do. In fact, there could've been a random scenario generator and the game would have still worked.
1) Place a random tile
2) throw a dice and check the result:
- if you threw a "1", place a random tile north of the existing one.
- if you threw a "2", place a random tile east of the existing one.
- "3" -> south
- "4" -> west
- "5" -> on top of the existing tile
- "6" -> reroll
3) repeat step 2 four more times (you'll have 6 tiles put in the end).
4) throw a dice and check the result:
- "1": objective is to survive the deck of opponents
- "2": objective is to put dice in the special room before turn "X" and prevent the destruction of any room. You have to survive "X" turn.
- "3": etc.