United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://startrek.gf9games.com/Home/tabid/56/entryid/135/the-f...

Lots of ways to gain and spend Production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lemick
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
As soon as this expansion comes out I am totally playing the Ferengi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a fun faction, and very thoughtful to the lore.

What's the definition of "fights in a space battle?"

Every round? Every ship that rolls to hit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every battle that is taking place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It has to be one production for that space battle regardless of the size or length. Though if both sides have one of your trade agreements you would get two production from the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is what i found interesting, kinda expected but neat.

Quote:
In the coming weeks we’ll take a look at unique Trade Agreements of the Ferengi Alliance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a verb. The card just means that every time a player with one if your trade agreements is in a space battle, you gain a production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vossen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also says "this fall" which as far as I understand it, December is not fall. However we know this means nothing, but I could be hopeful.

Been holding out on picking it up until I can grab base + both exp at once, and I'd love to get an idea of what the future holds just to see what this all is going to turn into. It doesn't need to expand forever, but I'd like just enough options for what is looking like a solid 4x system with a good theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
The new stuff is cool but I love the tag lines of "unique trade agreements" and now finding out that the trade partners are exploration cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferengi faction looks very cool, a bigger twist on mechanics than the Cardassians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DB
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be impressed if there's a corresponding RoA #35 "Peace is good for business" card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharkfist Robot wrote:
It also says "this fall" which as far as I understand it, December is not fall.

Fall just started. It goes until mid-December.

I have to say, I love the fact that their tech cards say "Business" on the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't expecting the Ferengi to be this interesting. They are definitely going to shake things up.

Also, "Loss Interdiction Task Force" made me LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually most excited for this faction. DS9 is my favorite of the post original series shows. They seem like a fun idea and shows how versatile the system is. I'm expecting to see some more unusual races in the future. Hoping the Tholians will be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

"And as the 34th Rule of Acquisition states: 'Peace is good for business' "
"That's the 35th Rule."
"Oh, you're right. Whats the 34th?"
" 'War is good for business.' It's easy to get them confused."

--Jadzia Dax and Quark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now the million dollar question is: when will this game hit stores, especially in UK?

All of these preview articles only whet my appetite but without the game to eat play. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
Now the million dollar question is: when will this game hit stores, especially in UK?

All of these preview articles only whet my appetite but without the game to eat play. cry

The game is released. Just not everyone has it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
Esvath wrote:

I'm sure you've seen the other thread, but Chimera's site is still showing two in stock:

https://www.chimeraccg.co.uk/Games/Board-Games/S-U/Star-Trek...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Esvath wrote:

It's not released in Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dpbush wrote:
I will be impressed if there's a corresponding RoA #35 "Peace is good for business" card.

Gale Force Nine wrote:

"And as the 34th Rule of Acquisition states: 'Peace is good for business' "
"That's the 35th Rule."
"Oh, you're right. Whats the 34th?"
" 'War is good for business.' It's easy to get them confused."

--Jadzia Dax and Quark

Nice! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur Skallagrímson
Canada
flag msg tools
R2EQ wrote:
Novacat wrote:
Esvath wrote:

It's not released in Canada.

I just picked up a copy from a store in Alberta 3 hours ago. boardgames.ca has a storefront close to me. It's FLGS prices though, not online discounted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guthmundur wrote:
I just picked up a copy from a store in Alberta 3 hours ago. boardgames.ca has a storefront close to me. It's FLGS prices though, not online discounted.

Thanks. I grabbed mine from Meeplemart when I aws downtown last night (in Toronto). 401 Games doesn't have any stock, but Meeplemart is selling the game for $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This faction looks bonkers fun and is so thematic. I wasn't a fan of Ferengi back in the day but I'm starting to love these little orange bat people and their gold pressed Latinum bars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur Skallagrímson
Canada
flag msg tools
Jatta Pake wrote:
This faction looks bonkers fun and is so thematic. I wasn't a fan of Ferengi back in the day but I'm starting to love these little orange bat people and their gold pressed Latinum bars.

I agree. This faction has me excited to play, mainly because the style of play will be different when used. I think that's the aspect of this game that I've enjoyed the most: the special abilities and the individual advancements encourage players to play the various species true to the flavour of the show, while still allowing for a lot of variation on each of their themes.

What I've seen from the previews of these first 2 expansions makes me very excited to see what GF9 will do with some of the species that are less prominent in the series. So far, I think I can be cautiously optimistic. (I'm interested to see how/if they handle the Breen Confederacy, for example.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Trek.com has a Ferengi preview. It shows some new systems and explains how diplomacy tests work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.