Hide
5 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » Rules

Subject: game 2 villain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amanda Walter
msg tools
had a question about year 2 villain tom riddle. he states if an ally is in your hand lose 2 hearts or discard a card. question is is this only at the beginning of the turn or any time during my turn? example i had no allies in hand to start my turn but i play a card that draws a card. it happens to be an ally does tom's power then take effect or only at the start of the turn? the rules state after the dark arts event is revealed to resolve
the villains power then, but i didnt know if tom's would be on going. thanks i can see how it could be either way just wondering how others have interpret it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the instructions as saying that turn order is stepwise. Once you've resolved the villain card, it does not affect you again during that turn, unless the effect is clearly stated as continuous (i.e., heroes cannot draw a card until villain is defeated). For some reason, our biggest problem is remembering the first two steps of turn order (dark arts card, villain card) and not just going into hero actions. It reminds me a little of the crossroads cards in Dead of Winter. We forget those, too. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
manda622 wrote:
had a question about year 2 villain tom riddle. he states if an ally is in your hand lose 2 hearts or discard a card. question is is this only at the beginning of the turn or any time during my turn? example i had no allies in hand to start my turn but i play a card that draws a card. it happens to be an ally does tom's power then take effect or only at the start of the turn? the rules state after the dark arts event is revealed to resolve
the villains power then, but i didnt know if tom's would be on going. thanks i can see how it could be either way just wondering how others have interpret it.

Once you have resolved Dark Arts events and Villain abilities for a turn, you don't need to worry about them (unless they are continuous effects like not being able to draw extra cards).

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
philwickline wrote:
I read the instructions as saying that turn order is stepwise. Once you've resolved the villain card, it does not affect you again during that turn, unless the effect is clearly stated as continuous (i.e., heroes cannot draw a card until villain is defeated).

That's how I play it too. Riddle activates his ability at the beginning of the turn and that's it.

philwickline wrote:
For some reason, our biggest problem is remembering the first two steps of turn order (dark arts card, villain card) and not just going into hero actions. It reminds me a little of the crossroads cards in Dead of Winter. We forget those, too. shake

We do that all the time too. You spend your down time planning exactly what you're going to do, in what order, and it's going to be super great. So your turn rolls around and you just want to jump right into it, and you forget the dark arts completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Walter
msg tools
thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.