Subject: Tracking limbo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious what other people's experience has been with the tracking on this shipment. All the other Tiny Epic Games have come without a hitch and with good info along the way. This one, for whatever reason, is very different.

I received my shipping notice 2 weeks ago, which I understand just means the label was generated and not that anything is moving. Last Saturday, the tracking link tells me that it has left a DHL facility in Maryland, but that's all the information I've had since then. DHL tracking brings up nothing, and USPS says nothing because they don't have it yet.

Has this been typical for others who've received their games; no info, then bang, it shows up in the mail box? Or should I start to get concerned? We've been really looking forward to getting this (I was a Day One Backer, but so was almost everyone else), so the taunting by tracking limbo is getting a little frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it is pretty typical. People are calling it the Tiny Epic Time Warp. (Actually I called it that on the kickstarter forums but I think it's pretty AWESOME)

Anyways, I wouldn't be too worried. Right about at 2 weeks was when it warped to my house so watch your mailbox!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jawby wrote:
I wouldn't be too worried. Right about at 2 weeks was when it warped to my house so watch your mailbox!

This was my experience, too. I got the notification, kept checking to see that the package hadn't yet moved from it's starting point, and then it miraculously appeared in my mailbox today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear. I guess I'm worried about nothing. But I want my game! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the same for me. I got a shipping notice two weeks ago but the tracking number never showed the package going anywhere until it was out for delivery yesterday. It arrived safe and sound but I don't remember ever having such a delay between the shipping label being generated and it actually shipping so I was starting to get a bit concerned too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to complicate things, I checked my status this morning and the shipment was still in limbo. The game arrived in the mail this afternoon.

Clearly our digital overlords are afraid that some of us still play boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My label provided turned out to not be the actual shipping info used. I have no idea what happened there. Looked at the USPS site for the tracking number I was given and it couldn't be found. I did see a package coming from MD, but had no idea what that was (until it arrived, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed the same as yours for a week (waiting for USPS shipping partner), and then boom it was out for delivery. Nothing in between.

I think tracking doesn't mean what they think it means...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Well, maybe glad isn't the right word; it would be nice if tracking links provided some useful information. Glad my game should be arriving soon is probably the better thing to say.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in. Hopefully the shipper can improve whatever needs to be fixed before TEG:BtB and TEQ go out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went and checked the tracking again, and now it says it's at my local post office. The USPS tracking has it set to deliver tomorrow. Now I'm wishing I had started this thread a couple days ago; maybe that would have sped up the time warp.

I will say again, though, that a tracking system that doesn't tell you anything until the package is about to show up doesn't seem to be accomplishing much, except to frustrate recipients. I hope they change things before my next fulfillment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It came today! For those who haven't received it yet, there is hope. I guess we just can't expect much info until about the day before it shows up. To get to Utah, it took a week after the notice that it was transferred to DHL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kang
United States
Stanford
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to the choice by ShipNaked to switch to DHL. My records show that previous Tiny Epic games have been shipped via USPS First Class, which arrives in a reliable 2-3 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was surprised to see it shipping via DHL. Their previous games shipped via USPS, 1st class. Since it weighed right at 13oz, they were able to get the cheaper rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.