Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In CSI's new releases section today they have what looks to be the new rumored version of Acquire. I hadn't seen it on their pre-order list so this is somewhat of a surprise.

Has anyone actually seen it yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It says they have 20 in stock. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
In CSI's new releases section today they have what looks to be the new rumored version of Acquire.

New 2016 version?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw nothing but a pic as of this writing but also see

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/313191/english-ed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
fwiw nothing but a pic as of this writing but also see

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/313191/english-ed...

And the MSRP listed is $10 more than the previous version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cranky "Get off my lawn" guy says look on ebay/thrift stores/etc and get the (IMO) far superior and less expensive older version:

Wooden tile version is better than this, but I like the simplicity of this one. I've seen the '99 AH giant version, and as much as it is need and appeals to my sense of "wow", I'm not sure I enjoy the game any better, and find this is actually easier for me to visualize with.

Edit: Also, now that I went to the page, it definitely looks like they made some changes to the game. Different number of tiles means a different size board, and they make a reference to "corporate banners" in a count of 11. Not sure what that means...maybe they added a play variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordinarily I'd say the "corporate banners" we're just the hotel chain markers but there's not 11 of them so...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Ordinarily I'd say the "corporate banners" we're just the hotel chain markers but there's not 11 of them so...?

That what had me confused too. And it's not like there is one or two for each hotel.

Unless it's somehow being used for a merger? I just don't know. Trying to figure out what it could "add" to the game, or what it could "clarify" ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Nikolaidis
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Everyone is from somewhere else.
badge
I Love Fried Chicken.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/112480/acquire/acquire-4-ver...

Taking a look at the recent video, the new 2016 version looks real good compared to the 2011 version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered one and should have it next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree the original 3M plastic tile edition is my favorite to play, and it is always (apparently) available on ebay affordably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Young
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
hestiansun wrote:
Robrob wrote:

That what had me confused too. And it's not like there is one or two for each hotel.

Unless it's somehow being used for a merger? I just don't know. Trying to figure out what it could "add" to the game, or what it could "clarify" ...

I picked up a copy from my LFGS and the "banners" are just bits of translucent plastic that slot into the corporation pieces as a bit of accent/flair on the pieces.

My real question for anyone once people start picking this up is how they're storing it. The insert in this edition is god awful. When everything is in its place the lid does not shut completely. I'm about to throw the damned insert away and just bag the cards and cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alcazar Alcazar
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for link.
Already commented there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the new version is a smaller 10x10 grid. Is that right? If so, I wonder what effect it will have on gameplay.

I've got the cheapo 2008 version, but I can't complain since I bought it used for six bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The reference cards for the new edition seem to have a third column to the right of the primary and secondary payouts - did they add a tertiary payout, or is that something else? I can't quite read the column header anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saslett wrote:
It looks like the new version is a smaller 10x10 grid. Is that right? If so, I wonder what effect it will have on gameplay.

I suspect the square shape has little, but that fact it is somewhat smaller means mergers may happen slightly sooner and the game would end in one or two fewer turns.

Quote:
I've got the cheapo 2008 version, but I can't complain since I bought it used for six bucks.

The most annoying thing (from the perspective of a longtime player) about earlier Hasbro editions is they changed the name of the chains, particularly in the "cheapo" version:
- Tower is a budget motel with thin sheets on the bed and a noisy heater/AC unit.
- Worldwide, a mid range hotel, that provides a continental breakfast with a waffle maker! Hmmm! Waffles.
- Imperial, a ritzy chain located Downtown where the bellhops greet you and the concierge will make dinner reservations at the finest restaurants.

Renaming Luxor as Sackson is cool though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
saslett wrote:

I suspect the square shape has little, but that fact it is somewhat smaller means mergers may happen slightly sooner and the game would end in one or two fewer turns.

Quote:

The most annoying thing (from the perspective of a longtime player) about earlier Hasbro editions is they changed the name of the chains, particularly in the "cheapo" version:
- Tower is a budget motel with thin sheets on the bed and a noisy heater/AC unit.
- Worldwide, a mid range hotel, that provides a continental breakfast with a waffle maker! Hmmm! Waffles.
- Imperial, a ritzy chain located Downtown where the bellhops greet you and the concierge will make dinner reservations at the finest restaurants.

Renaming Luxor as Sackson is cool though!

It looks like the businesses in the latest version are entirely unrelated corporations. It loses what little theme there is as one mergers into another that has nothing to do with the original. At least in the real world they will most often use some generic sounding conglomerate name when they diversify like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI has been sold out of this for awhile and Miniature Market never got it. Anyone have any idea where to buy this in the U.S.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Target.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.