Jordan Bross
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed a copy of FoD before it's too hard to find, but unsure if I'll open it. If you've played Last Friday, does it do the same job as FoD with a shorter play time and different theme, is the depth way different, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
rbf1138 wrote:
Grabbed a copy of FoD before it's too hard to find, but unsure if I'll open it. If you've played Last Friday, does it do the same job as FoD with a shorter play time and different theme, is the depth way different, etc.?

Other than both being 'hidden movement' games, they don't have a lot in common. Last Friday you'll end up killing like... 16 people if you want to win as the Killer, as there are just the 4 in Fury of Dracula. Last Friday has different 'phases' where the campers become the hunters, and it's back and forth on who is hunting who.

Other than both having hidden movement mechanics, I wouldn't think both these games scratch the same itch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played Last Friday so take what I say with a pinch of salt but I've done a fair bit of reading and my thoughts are;
- I think it's closer to Letters from Whitechapel in terms of complexity/length. Likely even quicker to play than that. It seems closer to a re-skin where Jack and the police switch roles each night. I'd consider FoD a step up from LfW and LF.
- I think LF adds some extras mechanics that increase its complexity vs LfW but I think they're harder to follow than the extras that FoD adds.

I love hidden movement games but I'm not sure I'm going to see anything new in LF to justify it - LfW for quick play, FoD when time allows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.