5 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Numenera» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikey Moo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got interested in this version but I can't find any copies left in Canada and the US copies are quite overpriced. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is out of print and if so, are they planning another production run of it any time soon? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxBaker wrote:
I recently got interested in this version but I can't find any copies left in Canada and the US copies are quite overpriced. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is out of print and if so, are they planning another production run of it any time soon? Thanks!

Yes, all Thunderstone and Thunderstone Advance products are out of print and they will not be reprinting anymore of them. Sometime this fall, they will be having a Kickstarter for Thunderstone 3.0 which is a new starting point for the Thunderstone world with some changed and updated rules. Supposedly, this new 3.0 version will not be compatible with any previous Thunderstone sets.

So you can wait for the new version and buy that, or perhaps wait to see if people will start unloading their old sets (overall lowering the prices) once the new 3.0 version is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxBaker wrote:

They are coming out with an entirely new version (Thunderstone 3.0 is I think the unofficial name) which makes some pretty large scale changes from what I have heard from people who have Playtested it.

It is supposed to be a more dramatic departure than Thunderstone Advance was from Thunderstone base.

If you REALLY like TSA, and want some of that stuff, you may want to consider picking up some of the used copies of the original Thunderstone sets. There is a way to convert them to the TSA ruleset, I believe.

Edit: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I think in that case I'll just wait to find out more about the 3.0 version before I commit. Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubtful they will make a Numenera version again... may try to track one down on eBay or something if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.