Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the rules in Ukrainian: https://app.box.com/s/m8qk0xlkkqhfe4xproq4b5cjw48xuvrw

(also in English, if you need that)

I was hoping there'd be some mention of how the Automa works in conjuction with the new factions. I recall Morton saying something about the new cards involving additions for the new factions for when you play *against* them, but it seems like there might be some adjustments needed for when you play as one of them.

For example, would an Automa adjust to favor a Flagged territory, or adjust to avoid a Trapped territory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Scholes
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. No mention of solo play at all. Solo rules in the base game are a separate booklet. Please, Jamey and Morton, post the expansion's solo rules for your loyal but impatient soloists.

And, while you are at it, please make the full seven faction Automa deck available to purchase from your website as soon as the expansion arrives. I want six copies. Any discount for bulk purchases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The English Automa rules are still in that folder.

We definitely cannot make the Automa cards in the expansion available as soon as the expansion arrives. Our ala carte items are pulled from replacement part items that we no longer need, so our top priority when we've received a new product is to make sure we can satisfy replacement part requests. Once we've done that (1-2 months), we'll make the products available via our ala carte store. They all cost the same to make, so no matter how many you order, they'll be the same price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bankrupt wrote:
Agreed. No mention of solo play at all. Solo rules in the base game are a separate booklet. Please, Jeremy and Morton, post the expansion's solo rules for your loyal but impatient soloists.

And, while you are at it, please make the full seven faction Automa deck available to purchase from your website as soon as the expansion arrives. I want six copies. Any discount for bulk purchases?

Keep in mind that only two (maximum) of your Automa decks need to have the expansion cards, since there are only two expansion factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bankrupt wrote:
Agreed. No mention of solo play at all. Solo rules in the base game are a separate booklet. Please, Jeremy and Morton, post the expansion's solo rules for your loyal but impatient soloists.

The automa rules are the top file at that link Morten posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
bankrupt wrote:

The automa rules are the top file at that link Morten posted.

Ah, duh. I didn't see that. Thanks. That answers my questions exactly.

I'll admit that I'm surprised that there are no adjustments for the Automa against Albion (it doesn't care to take away your Flags?), and that when you are Togawa the Automa actually favors going to a Trapped site above all others but the Factory. Wouldn't it want to avoid those, generally? I get that it's worth a territory, but so are the Flags, and the Automa could get dinged pretty hard (losing 4 coins/points) with a trap. I suppose that's the point of the trap. Anyway, I trust that everything is balanced well. I'm just surprised to see that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Conser
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow after watching Rodney's video and reading the rule book, I want this so bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Scholes
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that only two (maximum) of your Automa decks need to have the expansion cards, since there are only two expansion factions.

Apologies for my adding to the response by not noticing the Automa rules.

Based on your comment I apparently need five more basic Automa decks plus two copies of the four card expansion replacements. Are you sure the original five factions still use the basic deck when playing against the new factions? I do not think this necessarily follows from the new Automa rules until I compare the four new cards with those to be discarded.

Using the large Scythe board to accommodate all seven factions will present a horizontal surface area challenge when seven "player areas" need to be within easy reach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
bankrupt wrote:

Apologies for my adding to the response by not noticing the Automa rules.

Based on your comment I apparently need five more basic Automa decks plus two copies of the four card expansion replacements. Are you sure the original five factions still use the basic deck when playing against the new factions? I do not think this necessarily follows from the new Automa rules until I compare the four new cards with those to be discarded.

Hi Rick,
Some of the cards from the Automa deck have faction specific commands. The 4 new cards that have been added have faction specific commands for the new factions. They replace cards that are exactly the same, except for these new faction specific commands. So, if you use an Automa deck with the new cards to run Automa on one of the original factions, you will see no changes. You only need the new cards to run Automa on the new factions. You will need two if you wish to run both Albion and Togawa at the same time.
Cheers, David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Scholes
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David. Based on reading your rules the solo game with the new factions will be even more interesting than with the original five. (Sorry Morton.)

Congratulations on your accomplishment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:

I'll admit that I'm surprised that there are no adjustments for the Automa against Albion (it doesn't care to take away your Flags?), and that when you are Togawa the Automa actually favors going to a Trapped site above all others but the Factory. Wouldn't it want to avoid those, generally? I get that it's worth a territory, but so are the Flags, and the Automa could get dinged pretty hard (losing 4 coins/points) with a trap. I suppose that's the point of the trap. Anyway, I trust that everything is balanced well. I'm just surprised to see that.

Hi Eric,
I appreciate your thoughts and look forward to hearing about your battles against the Automa with the new factions.

I prefer not to get too deep into a discussion before people have an opportunity to try it out for themselves, but I assure you that those decisions were given quite a bit of consideration. I think (hope?) that you're going to enjoy playing as (and against) the new factions.

Cheers, David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bankrupt wrote:
Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Thanks Rick Working with Morten has been (and continues to be) gratifying, challenging, and life-changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.