Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: The main reason for this post was a misunderstanding on my part. Please ignore.

I understand that they are rewarding backers with a free faction (that's what they say in the FAQ), but this creates a weird situation. In practice, it means I can get two factions for £19, three for £38 or four for £57. But if I have a friend to back it for me, I can get all four factions for £38.

I also think it was a bad decision to split the game into four boxes in the first place, instead of offering a complete game. Even if I played it with only two players, I'd still want to be able to choose from all different factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Re: Bad price structure
Hello,

There is a misunderstanding on your part in the pledge level description because you are rewarded with a "Bonus Addon" and not with a free Faction. The Addon has extra components in it and you can add more.

Second, the disspointment you have literally makes no sense because there is nothing stopping you getting what you consider a full game, as in 4 Factions. By doing so you get a discount of $8 and a free storage box to have all of it in one place if you wish to. You get all that at a single reward level, just like with any other games so there is no extra struggle.

I know people see something different and it is hard to get used to the concept but there is a lot to gain doing it this way. There are lots of backers right now who don't want a full collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, my bad. I thought "bonus box" meant an extra faction (since each faction comes in an individual box), not literally a box.

Thanks for clarifying it! I wish I could delete the thread. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
OK, my bad. I thought "bonus box" meant an extra faction (since each faction comes in an individual box), not literally a box.

Thanks for clarifying it! I wish I could delete the thread. blush

You can change the title for the thread though (I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
swYck wrote:
You can change the title for the thread though (I think).

I might change it to something like "unfounded criticism - please ignore", but I think more people would be curious and click on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think it's really bad price structure and the reason I'm not backing it even though it looks like an interesting game.

1. Selling the factions individually seems silly. I'd rather buy the whole game than by a piece and expect my friends to each buy a piece.

2. Buying the whole game gives very very little discount over by individual factions. Moreover, buying individual factions gives you 4 addons for free whereas buying the whole game only gives 1 addon for free.

I understand trying to accommodate different price points, but it should have been just two options, buy 2 factions or 4 factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
1. What makes selling the factions individually silly? Cause other games don't do it? Since when having options that accomodate needs is silly? And you can get the whole game in the box like with any other game out there so your last point has really no validity.

2. Now $8 may be little to you but you have to keep in mind that there was no obligation to give any discount for getting more boxes. In fact some people out there argue against this practice. Secondly, you can't get the factions individually unless you make 4 kickstarter accounts. The addons are free per backer not per box.

So your last point is that because people can get 1 box or 3 the system is not good? Why even give 2 boxes? Cause it's in the middle? The truth is the system is working as seen by how popular are the pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.