Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chief's Boss Ability reads, 'When you place your third Posse member, you may move a standing Posse member to any unoccupied space.' (paraphrasing as the card isn't in front of me)

1. Does the moved Posse member trigger tan immediate effect benefit of the new space? I would assume so, but moving may be different from placing.

2. If the Posse member was standing on a wounded Posse member, does the opponent's Posse member stand up and gain the benefit of the space in the Resolution/Buying Phase, or stay wounded on that space and gain no benefit?

edit: clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played as the Chief last night. I played it as sending my first 2 workers out, at least 1 of which to a ! spot, getting the space benefit as normal, and after placing my third, removing one of the previous 2 and sending it to another ! spot to get another instant effect or to round 3/4 spot if that worked better. I treated the newly moved piece as getting the full benefit, otherwise the Chiefs ability would really have no purpose.

Altho it didnt come up, Id treat the previous battle as being won. Ie, the opponents face down meeple stays face down, remember your only standing on him to show you won and have control of the space. Its not you standing on him thats preventing him from getting up, he lost the duel, so hes defeated regardless.

However, the book makes no mention of this, but thats what Id do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Good questions.

1. Yes.
2. Stays wounded.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.