Hide
5 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Each square of a tile full with monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Tel
msg tools
Hi everyone. I picked up the game today and am still playing with my wife right now. We encountered a problem that is not covered in the manual.

What happens if each square of a tile is already filled with a monster, but there are more monsters behind this tile which are supposed to go one tile towards the closest hero? There can not be two monsters on one square, right?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah, I've played all four of these DnD games extensively and I don't know that I've ever seen this happen.

Each monster's card has bullets. You do the first bullet if you can, if not you do the second bullet, etc. I'd probably skip the bullet you are trying to complete and go down to the next one. If there is not a next one, I'd have them do nothing.

That's just how I'd do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I second what's above. I've never seen all the spaces filled before, but I have had a couple instances where the monster can not do one of his moves. So they just sit there Waiting patiently to get the chance to kill the heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Tel
msg tools
Lightning fast answers. Thanks a lot guys.

It happened in our very first game (mission 2) it was triggered by one guard which summoned another tile which had a kobold and summoned another guard, this summoned the Legion Devil (of course 3 of them). After that all this tile summoning monsters moved one tile towards ours and summoned more tiles and monsters on their way. It was a real mess.

And yes, we lost ^^. In the meantime we replayed this mission and beat it easily.

Thanks again for your input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.