Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Innsmouth scenario, are both spaces of the Rental Dock adjacent to Alley 1? (Same with Pier and Alley 2) Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's hard to say because the scenario's play different.
Every game might have a slightly different tile layout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Escape From Innsmouth scenario actually always has the same tile layout, it's just some of the events move around for each new game. I know what his question is in reference to, but I'll encapsulate it in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

If you look at the following image, you can see there's a little spot going from the alley to the dock where you can essentially cut the corner. My group wondered the same thing that Zeromus did, and we decided cutting the corner was a valid move. Does anyone have info which would prove that incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A shared border is enough for adjacency even if it is short. So yes for those two situations. Ensure the monsters are aware of this too .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Blahut
Hungary
Békéscsaba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
A shared border is enough for adjacency even if it is short. So yes for those two situations. Ensure the monsters are aware of this too .

I agree, but judging by the app, the Riot isn't aware of this, it has to step on the corner spaces for the instructions to make sense.

It was really confusing during our first play, but we decided that it's a special case, and kind of thematic anyway (it's a horde, of course they can't squeeze through ).

Nevertheless, FFG should clarify this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just played this last night, and was wondering how the Innsmouth Mob is supposed to operate w/ movement.

It typically says "move 2 spaces toward _____ tile." If it's one space away from that tile, will it move a second space farther into the target tile, or will it stop at the first space? The mechanics that they seem to be operating under would imply that stopping at the first space is fine, since they seem to just circle the alley and each alley is a 2-space tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
I just played this last night, and was wondering how the Innsmouth Mob is supposed to operate w/ movement.

It typically says "move 2 spaces toward _____ tile." If it's one space away from that tile, will it move a second space farther into the target tile, or will it stop at the first space? The mechanics that they seem to be operating under would imply that stopping at the first space is fine, since they seem to just circle the alley and each alley is a 2-space tile.

It stops after the first movement. Towards is defined in the RRG as each piece of movement making it closer to the target. In the case of a multi-space tile being the target, when it enters any space of that tile, it is now 0 spaces away. It is impossible to move closer, so it will stop movement then, even if there are more movement points to spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.