Popular Tags: [View All]
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Cave Evil but sometimes I don't have enough time to play the full game.

What are some ways to speed up the start/flow of the game?

Was thinking start with 5 of each resource, or 3. And rolling a "spawn roll" at the beginning of every turn, and then taking the resources, and either doubling or adding +1 to stats such as movement/excavation/blood eye marker movement (I've never had that blood eye thing come anywhere even near the "reveal" marker).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We Start with 10 of each resource and set up with a few creatures in play. Also begin on Eyeball space. Seeing the endgame ahead.

It may be mentioned on the forums, under TURBO NECRO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonblaster wrote:
We Start with 10 of each resource and set up with a few creatures in play. Also begin on Eyeball space. Seeing the endgame ahead.

I was trying to link that same thread, but was on mobile and it was just too clunky to be bothered with.

Once you've played a few times, the Turbo Necro variant lets you hotwire the game, and it cuts off that first 1/3rd of the game, which can be a slog if you get crappy draws.
It jumpstarts the action and gives you all enough stuff to play with that it really makes the game a bit more explosive. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
dragonblaster wrote:

I was trying to link that same thread, but was on mobile and it was just too clunky to be bothered with.

Once you've played a few times, the Turbo Necro variant lets you hotwire the game, and it cuts off that first 1/3rd of the game, which can be a slog if you get crappy draws.
It jumpstarts the action and gives you all enough stuff to play with that it really makes the game a bit more explosive. thumbsup

Is the spawning dudes for free before it starts thing recommended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grendel's Mother
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
79strat wrote:
(I've never had that blood eye thing come anywhere even near the "reveal" marker).

With all due respect, I wonder if you are moving the Blood Eye correctly. It seems almost a contradictory statement to insinuate the games are long and you are never coming close to the Reveal Awakening Evil icon.

Are you moving the Blood Eye only on the vortex spaces, and after every Creature is made with an Invoke action?

If not, don't worry, as it is a common enough mistake, made by myself multiple times and even the great calandale himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzitzimime wrote:
79strat wrote:
(I've never had that blood eye thing come anywhere even near the "reveal" marker).

With all due respect, I wonder if you are moving the Blood Eye correctly. It seems almost a contradictory statement to insinuate the games are long and you are never coming close to the Reveal Awakening Evil icon.

Are you moving the Blood Eye only on the vortex spaces, and after every Creature is made with an Invoke action?

If not, don't worry, as it is a common enough mistake, made by myself multiple times and even the great calandale himself.

Only on the vortex spaces you say...

yeah I'm doing that wrong. I was just moving it every space... lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.