Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The recent Stonemeier newsletter indicates that the expansion has completed development and is undergoing artistic design now. Since that's the case, is there any new information on what the expansion does for the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't released that information yet, but we will in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey! Excited to see what additions are made

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yessssss...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
From the March Stonemaier Games Newsletter:

Quote:
With an expansion announcement coming soon for Between Two Cities, we've created a Facebook page for that world of games.

Also the status bar has the the B2C expansion at 68% with "production", "freight shipping", and "retail release" remaining on its status bar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to the expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the official announcement is slated for April 30th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Himel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
I was fortunate enough to play this with Matthew O'Mally on Tabletop Day in D.C. He had a copy of the expansion that he was demoing. It adds civic buildings (+points for sets of 2 and -points for a random type) and landscapes (cannot build on some squares due to physical landmarks). Cities are now 5x5 tiles.

He said Summer 2017 to be released with a focus on July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
From today's Stonemaier Games newsletter:

Quote:
Between Two Cities: Capitals

Ben Rosset and Matthew O'Malley, designers of our competitive tile-laying/drafting game with a collaborative twist, have spent the last few years working on an expansion.

When they showed it to me at Gen Con 2016, I was blown away by how a few streamlined elements added so many interesting decisions (the expansion requires the core game):

- Landscape mats (7 total) give each city a unique layout to build on and around.
- Districts give players a majority bonus for connecting specific types of tiles.
- Civic buildings (21 total) are a new type of building tile. Each unique civic building wants to be adjacent to 2 specific tile types (and not 1 specific tile type).

The expansion also includes 7 pairs of wooden city tokens that were previously only available as promos or in international editions.

Tantrum House advance review

Bower's Game Corner advance review

Learn more and join the community on the Between Two Cities Facebook group, where I've been spoiling information about the expansion over the last month. The rulebook and Automa rulebook are also available for download in 18 languages thanks to our helpful translators.

Between Two Cities: Capitals, will be released via retailers in early July with a $20 MSRP. A limited early release will happen at the UK Games Expo thanks to Board Game Extras.

There is now a BGG page, which already has to the two review videos mention above linked to it.

Between Two Cities: Capitals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I just preordered from Starlit Citadel. The rules are up on the Stonemaier site, and it looks awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.