Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Susie Rogers
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my husband and I were wandering around a toy store today and came across this game. It was intriguing because it was a simple game AND two players can play just fine. Also, I like Jenga and I figured that this game looked like a neat version of Jenga.

Well, I was wrong about that. It's way better than Jenga! It's hysterically tense and enjoyable, even with just two people.

When we got home from the store, we immediately cracked this sucker open. Chris was going to read the rules, but since they were all in Japanese and it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to play the game, we decided to just go for it.

Our first tower was pitifully small. I think it fell over after only 6 bricks or something. Lame. The second and third ones were better as we began to figure it out. The game play was made a little harder by the fact that we couldn't stop giggling. It was just so tense to try to place the blocks and not topple the entire thing. It was just a little ridiculous how giggly we were. Fun times.

We took a dinner break to compose ourselves and then set back to making a bigger Tumba Tower than someone already posted on the geek. We decided we would do it by playing the rules. It started off wobbly, but we quickly learned the genius of the cantilever and stabalized our tower.

Soon we got to 40 blocks in our tower. We gleefully grabbed the camera to show off our mad Tumba skills for boardgame geek. We decided to keep going and just see how many we could do. The next thing we knew, we were at 50 blocks. Wow! We grabbed the camera again and pat ourselves on the backs.

Then it became really tense. We were still playing the game, but we were offering all kinds of advice to each other. 52 blocks went up. The 53rd block got placed and the whole tower shuddered. We held our breaths as the tower wobbled and then stilled. 54, 55, 56 went up without much problem. 57 was a stumper until Chris saw a great match for his blue, green, red, yellow, peach tile. It was a bit wobbly, so I quickly drew the 58th block and lucked out with it. I placed it counter to his last piece. Chris put up 59 and the whole tower seemed to tilt. Egads!

I drew the last tile and simply placed it on top. HOORAY! The tower was a sturdy beast. Full of all 60 tiles. Genius!

We beat Tumba...and it was good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.