5 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: What expansions to add for new players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I'm starting new People of the Lattern campaign with players who has never played the game before so I don't wan't to alter the vanilla experience too much, but I would definitely want to add some flavor for my and use one (or more?) of the expansions already!

I was thinking about adding Slender Man, Lion Knight, Dung Beetle or Flower Knight?
Any advice?

I also have: Gorm, Spidicules, Lion God, Dragon King and Sunstalker but I thins I want to keep those for my incoming campaigns with a more experienced group (especially new campaign variants of the last two).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently I am running a game with players who never played KDM before either. In my last campaign other players were tired of fighting the White Lion the first couple of years, so I have added in Gorm as variation. Since I want the players to have choices in quarries to hunt I have added Spidicules next to Screaming Antelope despite the rulebook stated to replace the Screaming Antelope with Spidicules.

I have also included the Flower Knight, the Lion Knight and the Dung Beetle Knight.

That might be a bit of overkill but the last players and I like the sheer of choices to make (knowing that too much variation might hinder the progress in terms of gearing up.)

I do not use Slender Man, Manhunter, since they actually replace the Butcher, Kings Man or one another. I will implement one of these in a future campaign along Dragon King and/or Sunstalker and/or Lion God.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
Magallian wrote:
I do not use Slender Man, Manhunter, since they actually replace the Butcher, Kings Man or one another. I will implement one of these in a future campaign along Dragon King and/or Sunstalker and/or Lion God.

Manhunter does not replace anything. It's an additional nemesis.

My bad! You're right Fen! Thanks for clarifying that. And yes, DBK is a big step up in difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'd say the FK is a relatively mellow expansion--not very hard, and a different style of fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.