Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paint minis, but my pictures are allways getting denied and i dont get why, i always get the term "similar"...ja of course its similar to another picture because its the same freakin Mini that another user also painted, that doesnt make any sense. Now i get a message from a BGG Mod that all my pictures for Cthulhu Wars have been moved to my private gallery (they were online in the creative Gallery for CW for over a year) because of the same...really guys, i dont get it.

"Guidelines for the Creative Gallery

Use this gallery for creative or artistic work, such as modified components (including custom painted miniatures)"

Yeah well...ähm...I WANT TO but BGG wont let me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
all my pictures for Cthulhu Wars have been moved

Not all. There are still some in the game's gallery. You can display the ones that were moved in a comment beneath one of those images, and use them in a post the same as you would any other image (review, blog post, etc.)

As I said in part of my reply to your geekmail,

Quote:
The creative gallery is indeed for custom painted minis. But the image guidelines ask that users not submit an image for each mini, or similar images. We try to strike a balance between everyone contributing, but still having the galleries be usable. It's preferred that multiple components (cards/minis/etc) are combined in one image, rather than a series of individual images.

Please see Image submissions and Image Hints and Tips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not all pictures that might be accepted will be accepted.

The user-moderators decide whether the picture adds to the BGG gallery or is just another picture: maybe nice, but not different enough to make the gallery better.

At some size, the gallery becomes difficult to find any picture in, so unless the picture shows something exceptionally better than other pictures in the gallery, it will be rejected. Making the gallery so big it cannot be used is what moderators prevent.

In other words, meeting the minimum standard for a gallery does not mean your picture will be useful. If it's not seen as useful, it should not be accepted.

BGG is not Instagram or Flickr. This is a boardgame site, not a picture site. Pictures are only useful if they serve the purpose of explaining boardgames.

Also: Re: Declined image comment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Pariah
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Not all pictures that might be accepted will be accepted.

The user-moderators decide whether the picture adds to the BGG gallery or is just another picture: maybe nice, but not different enough to make the gallery better.

At some size, the gallery becomes difficult to find any picture in, so unless the picture shows something exceptionally better than other pictures in the gallery, it will be rejected. Making the gallery so big it cannot be used is what moderators prevent.

In other words, meeting the minimum standard for a gallery does not mean your picture will be useful. If it's not seen as useful, it should not be accepted.

BGG is not Instagram or Flickr. This is a boardgame site, not a picture site. Pictures are only useful if they serve the purpose of explaining boardgames.

Also: Re: Declined image comment

Yep - except it sounds like now his pictures *had been* accepted (and posted for a year) and out of the blue, his pix were all moved to his private gallery.

That's not a user/geekmod action or ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Yep - except it sounds like now his pictures *had been* accepted (and posted for a year) and out of the blue, his pix were all moved to his private gallery.

Both, but the reason is the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the only things I like to see on bgg galleries are the different users attempts at painting different miniatures. Group photos are ok depending on detail level visible. But I'm usually looking for inspiration and guidance before making the attempt. I have long ago stopped trying to contribute photos of my work on here for the same reasons as OP. Yet the galleries are also full of garbage photos which add nothing. Blows my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.