Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I cast a magic spell scorched from the red deck .. It say deal 2 damage to a building or patrol .. He has a character on patrol do I have to attack the patrol units fist even though it's a spell ? Also if both characters die in a fight do they both go to the discard pile ? I don't have my rule book attempting off of memory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The patrol zone is only there to block guys attacking with regular combat. If you cast a spell like Scorch or use an ability you can target whatever it says you can target and ignore the patrol zone.

Whenever a unit dies for any reason it goes to the discard pile unless it's a token so that would include both units dying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that heroes aren't units though, and heroes never go to the discard pile: they return to the command zone when they die, and can be resummoned after the controller's next turn. (Noah's word "characters" is ambiguous and could be meaning either units, which go to the discard pile and get reshuffled, or heroes, which can never go into a deck or discard pile.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry . Yea I was aware of the heroes .. I'm finding a learning curve on each card and codex .. With all the cards is to be expected .. Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.