Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
An eleven-player, low-complexity game of Werewolf!

Good Roles:

Seer
- Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view. If the seer is not present / does not give an order, they will receive a random negative view out of all players who were alive after lynch.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf.

Martyr - Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that martyr does not work to stop lynches.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers or traits.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves
- The werewolves know each other's identity and may chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last night kill order will go through - even if the last player to place a night kill order has died since the order was given. (Example: Player A and B are werewolves. Player A selects a Night Kill target during the day, but is lynched. If Player B is still alive and has not put in a more recent Night Kill order, Player A's Night Kill order will be carried out.)
Notice: In the case where the only surviving Werewolf player has been put up for replacement (whether voluntarily or via the Proof of Life rule), the moderator will enact random NKs from all available non-wolves.

Sorcerer - The sorcerer wins with the werewolves, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player and be given the target player's exact role. He gets a random N0 view of a villager. If the sorcerer is not present / does not give an order, they will receive a view of a random villager (one they have not already viewed).

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed. For an example of Longest Held Last Vote, please see this article.

Lynch time is 2:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If enough living players vote night fall, it will speed up the dusk.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 3:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System. If you cannot access the Cassandra Chat System, you may geekmail your orders to your moderator. If you would like to use conditional orders, this is permitted as long as you understand that conditional orders can only be used on information that is available to the player at the time the order is due.
Hypothetical conditionals for a Seer / Sorcerer:
A. "If Snaak is lynched, then please view Raid1280." is a valid conditional game order.
B. "If Snaak is night killed, then please view Raid1280." is not a valid conditional game order because the player will have no knowledge of whether or not Snaak will be night killed before his game order is due.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Role Reveal:

All roles will be revealed on death (regardless of method)(Full Role Reveal).

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate a sufficient amount during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are required to show a proof of life prior to dusk.

Please don't post after the Dusk/Dawn deadline, even if the mod has not told you to stop posting.

Making out-of-game promises to other players in order to influence their actions in a game is against the rules, so is quoting something told to you by the moderator directly from your hidden modchat, unless the moderator has given you explicit permission. Paraphrasing such things is usually allowed. Quoting anything you have added to modchat (or fake-quoting) is frowned upon.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will get you replaced out.
Police yourselves, please.

META RULES:

1. Brand new players will be provided the opportunity to have an in-chat advisor/mentor, who will only have as much information as the player. This other player will have read-access to the thread and can talk to them in modchat.
If you sign up for this game and would like a mentor, please geekmail me as soon as you can. Not everyone can have a mentor; final judgment is with the moderator.
Any reference to your mentor (or other people's mentors) in-game will be highly frowned upon. They are meant to provide friendly assistance and nothing more than that.

2. Editing posts is discouraged, but in most cases, it will not elicit anything other than a "tsk, tsk" from another player. Regardless, please do not edit your post. We will forgive any lapses in grammar or spelling mistakes.
3. Deleting posts is considered very poor form. Unless you are deleting one of two identical posts, just let it go.

Important Information:
Lynch time: 2:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 3:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: No game actions will process over the American weekend, although players will be free to post and use chats as desired.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This game will start on 21 October.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!" (now maintained by PeteVasi).

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

BoardGameGeek and thecassandraproject both base their time functions on THIS server:
http://us.pool.ntp.org/
It doesn't account for your personal delay in posting, but it will help show you what time it is in BGG-land. Use the information as you will. (Basically, sniping is not forbidden, but if you mess it up, bad things happen.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Your moderators for this game are myself and TFang.

Our avatars look like this:

Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
... no, they're never very far away!
mbmbmbmbmb

We will make our posts in blue text. Please read what we say and stop posting if we say so.

As stated above, we can try and find you a mentor if you think it would help; your mentor won't play the game for you from the back seat, but will be able to give advice if you ask questions about what you should do. They will try to help you find your own answers.

If you don't have a mentor, TFang and I will be able to answer questions about how the game works or explaining what any terminology means, but we cannot give you advice about what you should do.

Sometimes, in a game of social deception like Werewolf, things can get heated; people will accuse you of lying when you are not lying, people will think you are Evil when you are Good, people might think you are Evil and you are Evil but you don't think the reason they think you are Evil is a good reason. This should be a friendly game, and our priority is that people have a good time. If you get upset, please try to take a few minutes to gather your thoughts, or come and talk to us in your mod chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
ortho_
tern73

2 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1646...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'll be a mentor if needed. Just send me a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just FYI, I am going to have to drop out of this game. Turns out I am traveling for work all next week and won't be able to devote the necessary time to it.

I can't get to Cassandra at the moment, but as soon as I can, I'll remove myself.

Really want to get into a game - hopefully schedule will work out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry Tern, we'll sort it out, and I'll chase you up if you don't come back soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, just bug us when you're ready with time and we'll definitely point you at a good game. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FYI, I haven't been able to remove myself from the game. I can't get to the old Cassandra, and I don't see this game on the new one.... not sure if this requires mod support or not

(sorry for the bother)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tern73 wrote:
FYI, I haven't been able to remove myself from the game. I can't get to the old Cassandra, and I don't see this game on the new one.... not sure if this requires mod support or not

(sorry for the bother)

Don't worry about it, we're on it. Just let us know when you can play! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.