Subject: Just got this game... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently been on a really big solo game kick as I usually tend to have either no one to play with or at best 2 or 3 players including myself. This game ended up showing up on my radar and I quickly ordered it. I just got it and played a couple times solo, then taught my brother how to play and we played a coop 2 player game and lost, then I've played a couple more times solo. My current record is 0 and 5, lol. Very tough game, but I think I like it that way, it gives something to challenge me and attempt to strategize over for a while.

Awesome game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me until my ninth game to get a win. cool

I'm still not sure I should count it tho because that win came playing with a friend who I began to call the 'Co-op Killer'.

This guy won his first games at Space Hulk: Death Angel and Pandemic (tho to be honest, the Pandemic win came on the 'Easy' setting).

Pretty amazing until I realized he was using these outlier results as evidence co-op games were 'simple' and 'non-challenging' and so wouldn't play them again, no matter how much I told him he was mistaken in his conclusion. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco F.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome to this addictive game! Enjoy loosing, just remember that, before leaving the game apart because you think it is too hard, you may find a very helpful guide in the files section... but don't read it too early or it will spoil the pleasure of finding your strategy through the genestealers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taylor
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Let him try Friday There are other difficult games though, but I really like it. I'm pretty bad at it, and only play it in spurts, but I enjoy it-Absolutely DYING for the new Robinson Crusoe to come out.

1 for 3 myself. I won my 2nd game of SHA on the first try of activating the control panel in the control room with my LAST marine. Game 3 I thought I'd get away with skipping a room (through teleportation) but lost 2 VERY good marines and got swarmed in room 3 and didn't stand a chance. I love the 44% chance of success and 88% casualty rate on a win. Pretty dire, but a fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youren
United States
Lincoln City
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfenici wrote:
Welcome to this addictive game! Enjoy loosing, just remember that, before leaving the game apart because you think it is too hard, you may find a very helpful guide in the files section... but don't read it too early or it will spoil the pleasure of finding your strategy through the genestealers!

Amen to that, particularly true for the solo player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teatabletopper wrote:
Let him try Friday

I have Friday also
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo B.
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
All right. Then, fine. The title is "Cheese Song". Eh-hem. Hn... Here I go:
badge
Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Space Hulk Rob! Nice purchase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just finished my tenth playthrough last night, still 10 losses, but the tenth game was my closest to victory. I was a dice roll away from a win.

I had two Space Marines left, both were heavily surrounded, and our final room was the Launch Control Room and I activated the panel and all my hopes were on that roll of the dice which failed, lol. Next genestealer attack phase we were annihilated. So close, yet so far away.

Great game! It was a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robgraves wrote:

I just finished my tenth playthrough last night, still 10 losses, but the tenth game was my closest to victory. I was a dice roll away from a win.

I had two Space Marines left, both were heavily surrounded, and our final room was the Launch Control Room and I activated the panel and all my hopes were on that roll of the dice which failed, lol. Next genestealer attack phase we were annihilated. So close, yet so far away.

Did you stand up before rolling the die? Please tell me you stood up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Gotta stand up, man! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Graves
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokemeister wrote:
robgraves wrote:

Did you stand up before rolling the die? Please tell me you stood up!

Sadly, no I didn't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.