$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Deadeye walkers just... Auto hit the heroes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I'm reading the (extremely simple) rules correctly for the deadeye walkers... They just auto hit any heroes in line of sight from 0-3 zones away? That's pretty amazing...no targeting priority, no roll to hit and no friendly fire on other zombies? These guys are BRUTAL.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They target one zone within 0-3 of them, and line of sight. They prioritize the zone with the most heroes in it.
But no, they don't roll to hit, and they don't risk hitting other zeds.
And yes, they are brutal :-)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are better at ranged combat than the heroes! That's some impressive necromancy that's animating them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Important safety tip - stay the eff outta sight unless you're going in for the kill.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all zombies auto hit so they're not different.
heroes still get their saving throw from armor
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
I think either giving them a chance to miss or limiting their range to 0-1 might make them a bit more reasonable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
paradox1995 wrote:
So if I'm reading the (extremely simple) rules correctly for the deadeye walkers... They just auto hit any heroes in line of sight from 0-3 zones away? That's pretty amazing...no targeting priority, no roll to hit and no friendly fire on other zombies? These guys are BRUTAL.

Well they aren't called Deadeye because they miss...
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I think either giving them a chance to miss or limiting their range to 0-1 might make them a bit more reasonable.


Who said they were supposed to be reasonable?
The zombies dont play by the same rules as the heroes. Trying to make them will make the game too easy.

There's a lot of talk about abominations round these parts. How to houserule them, why the ease with which some characters can kill them is broken, etc etc. I suspect many of these folks don't realize, aboms aren't supposed to be the deadliest thing. Aboms are speed bumps.
The dangerous things are: wolves, deadeyes, runners. In basically that order.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deadeyes are fine as they are... you have to think about what you are doing, but they almost never surprise you. They only get extra activations when you are out of figures...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I think either giving them a chance to miss or limiting their range to 0-1 might make them a bit more reasonable.


oh god no, that would make them extremely dull. They are probably one of the zombies I like the most (beside some abomi) because they are actually a thread. Others zombies RARELY get to land a wound or make me hide
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
per ekelund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Cooperton wrote:
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I think either giving them a chance to miss or limiting their range to 0-1 might make them a bit more reasonable.


Who said they were supposed to be reasonable?
The zombies dont play by the same rules as the heroes. Trying to make them will make the game too easy.

There's a lot of talk about abominations round these parts. How to houserule them, why the ease with which some characters can kill them is broken, etc etc. I suspect many of these folks don't realize, aboms aren't supposed to be the deadliest thing. Aboms are speed bumps.
The dangerous things are: wolves, deadeyes, runners. In basically that order.


I would definitly add the trollbomination to that list, he is the real pest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
monza64 wrote:
Cooperton wrote:
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I think either giving them a chance to miss or limiting their range to 0-1 might make them a bit more reasonable.


Who said they were supposed to be reasonable?
The zombies dont play by the same rules as the heroes. Trying to make them will make the game too easy.

There's a lot of talk about abominations round these parts. How to houserule them, why the ease with which some characters can kill them is broken, etc etc. I suspect many of these folks don't realize, aboms aren't supposed to be the deadliest thing. Aboms are speed bumps.
The dangerous things are: wolves, deadeyes, runners. In basically that order.


I would definitly add the trollbomination to that list, he is the real pest.


You said it yourself. Pest.
He's annoying, the biggest of roadblocks. But he's not really *that* dangerous.
If I was gonna add any aboms to the list it'd be the wolfbominations and the alpha.
With their 3 activations (all the time, not just when they see you) they're the most dangerous aboms.
The troll just makes you run around searching for a way to kill it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I think either giving them a chance to miss or limiting their range to 0-1 might make them a bit more reasonable.


You don't add deadeye walkers to the game to make it more reasonable. If you're going to tone them down like that, you might as well just not add them to your game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
QuantumNinja wrote:
Vladvonbounce wrote:
I think either giving them a chance to miss or limiting their range to 0-1 might make them a bit more reasonable.


You don't add deadeye walkers to the game to make it more reasonable. If you're going to tone them down like that, you might as well just not add them to your game.


This.
Also, the game isn't really very difficult once youve played a few times.
Zombies dont need a nerf. At all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
If you find them to be easy to deal with go for it. I was just suggesting a potential solution for those who find them very hard.

I find it interesting the way some people consider this game incredibly easy while others find it very hard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
If you find them to be easy to deal with go for it. I was just suggesting a potential solution for those who find them very hard.

I find it interesting the way some people consider this game incredibly easy while others find it very hard.


I hypothesize that those who don't take readily to teamwork find the game more difficult.
When I've had difficulty winning, it's almost always been a result of one or two "lone wolf" players who don't want to help the team.
I could be mistaken, but that has been my experience.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.