$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
James Coleman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
so i am think of getting eldritch horror or asking for it for my birthday. but i have some questions. i understand the base set price. why are the small box expansions priced as much as the big box ones? also how many card sleeve should i get for the base set if i end up waiting for the small box expansions to come down in price? also storage solution suggestions please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there.

Try this list for sleeves. All the info you need for sleeves.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/card-sleeve-sizes-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Price of small box expansions as much as the big box ones? Not at my FLGS!!

In CAD dollars, Base game = 70, Big Box = 58, Small Box = 29

http://store.401games.ca/product/search/&sv=eyJhcSI6IiIsIm1v...==

Sleeves: There are topics in the forums on this, so just do a search and you're good. (depends on what you want to sleeve to - some people go so far as to sleeve the character and GOO cards).

Storage - I fit everything in the base game box and one big expansion box after throwing away the inserts. That works. If you want custom storage, I'm still waiting on the broken token to come up with something, but maybe another company has one. (also, because they keep pumping out expansions, might be best to WAIT on a storage solution until the expansions slow down!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Coleman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
thank you. also on amazon the first small expansion is listed at over $40. probably cause it needs a reprinting maybe. so ill likely wait on getting any expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you buy the base game, and not Mountains of Madness which is an expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Coleman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
thats my plan. im probably gonna get the base game then the two small box expansions after that when they are not at reseller ridiculous prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you scroll down this page https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/
you will see forsaken lore and strange remnants are on the boat.Keep checking until they are in the store and then the price should drop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thomas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-70/centery...

This is a site that tracks cargo ships at sea. If you can find out which ship it is on, you can see where it is at currently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before buying expansions, play the base game first to see if you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Coleman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
im planning to buy the base game first. then im going to buy the first two small box expansions later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Eldritch Horror Mountains of Madness to Eldritch Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Nooooo, now my earlier comment makes no sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:

Nooooo, now my earlier comment makes no sense

I just assumed you had gone insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp
United States
Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants are out of stock a lot of places right now. That's why their price is so high. Usually they should be around $20. A reprint is on the way though. I am waiting to pick them up too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaoswolf82 wrote:
...how many card sleeve should i get for the base set...?

On FFG website for each individual game it lists the sleeves need as numbers in colored boxes which are color coded to their sleeve packs. This can also be found on the back of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hamel
United States
Pacific
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
chaoswolf82 wrote:
. . . Why are the small box expansions priced as much as the big box ones? also how many card sleeve should i get for the base set if i end up waiting for the small box expansions to come down in price?

There is absolutely no rush to get the expansions (says a person that has absolutely all of this game ).

There is enough game in that base box to keep you entertained for a good long while. Even though the base game comes with "only" four bad guys you will lose a lot of the games, plus there is a ton of variety:

4 Old ones
12 Investigators
51 Mythos Cards
Player count

The list above is where most of the variability comes from.

The game will play differently depending on which Old one you choose, which Investigators you choose, how many players (investigators are used) and how you set up the Mythos deck.

Remember that the Mythos cards is how you determine the difficulty of each game.

One thing I would recommend is that you adopt the 'Focus' tokens even in the base game even though they were introduced in a later expansion. Clue tokens are just too darn valuable to spend on re-rolling a dice.

My advice is to not get too hung on the expansions yet, only get them when you want to breath new life into the game.

I am typically a heavy Euro player but EH is in the top five of my list of board games, I love it and my main group loves it.

Just to reiterate:
* You do not need to get more than the base game when starting out.
* Buy expansions only when you want to spice it up with new content.
* When you want a new expansion it does not matter in what order you get them, go for what interests you or what you can afford.
* Do NOT pay more than MSRP, this game and its expansions will be in print for a long while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
auge wrote:
* Do NOT pay more than MSRP, this game and its expansions will be in print for a long while.

This N N N

Yikes!! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hamel
United States
Pacific
Washington
flag msg tools
mb

This is a $25 expansion, pay only that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.