Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wilson
United States
Carsoin
California
flag msg tools
Recently had a chance to play this game and it was a slaughter. It was a two player game where each of us controlled two personalities. Mine were great at swordplay, but sadly swordplay didn't really enter into the game much.
The silliness started when the placement of one of my personalities was on a shelf on the wall. Was he sleeping off a night's drunken revelry, or was he an escaped mental patient who thought he was a cat?
I had difficulty approaching my opponent's characters because they were shoving tables at my guys. It is really hard to swing a sword when you are getting the wind knocked out of you and getting pinned against a wall by a table. :-)
On top of all that, the beer mugs were flying, though none seemed to hit anything but walls, tables or other things. The one that did connect did no damage.
My opponent skillfully chased my characters into corners where he was able to chase them, pin them, and finally pull his own sword and start hurting them more.
The hardest part of the game is plotting out the type of movement, etc. for each character. At some points, you have to be a geometry whiz to discover where you will end up.
The game is a hoot for multiplayer brawl type action, but I was not too thrilled with the plotting of movement that was quickly nullified by changing position, etc. I can't honestly say that the game was a lot of fun. My opponent and I kept getting distracted and talking about everything in general during the plotting phase, as if we didn't even want to continue. Perhaps it would have been more fun with more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the first time I played roborally (a similar game in that you pre plot your moves for chaotic gameplay) it was with two players..and tho interesting, it was a little dry. 30 minutes later our friend arrived and we played a 3 player game, and it made ALL the difference..i'm sure with 4 or 5 players it would have been even more fun!

I'd say give it another try with a third, fourth or fifth player..in games of chaos and brawling the more the merrier! arrrh

edit: haha i just noticed that your message was left four years ago! You probably aren't even friends with that guy anymore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.