Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The BattleCON Organized Play Pre-Season is here!

Tournament documents, for the curious:
http://www.level99games.com/downloads/tournament-documents.h...

I'm in discussion with our friendly local game stores to see where I can organize a weekly organized play event in Plano or Dallas. Look for updates soon!

2016-10-06 update: No responses from local game stores, but Madness has open gaming and plenty of space on Saturdays. Currently gauging interest from gamers (that's you) in an event on Saturday, October 8th, from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM; reply if you can, can't, or "can-but-not-on-time" make it!

I'll be there either way, but I'd definitely appreciate a heads-up on attendance. If we get enough, I think it'd be cool to run a group battle against Runika & Udstad.

2016-10-17 update: Every Saturday that I can, I'll be at Madness running a League free play event from morning 'til folks lose interest! This week's event is Saturday, October 22nd, from 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM. RSVPs are welcome, but feel free to just drop by!

2016-10-24 update: This week's event is Saturday, October 29th, from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM, again at Madness Games & Comics in Plano. RSVPs are welcome, or just drop by any time!

2016-12-18 update: Haven't been keeping the thread updated, but still running games every Saturday from 10:30 AM to 06:00 PM at Madness Games & Comics in Plano, TX. (The store opens at ten, but it takes some time to set up, so I moved the start time of record.) Drop by any time, any week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it. I am so rusty in BattleCON, but I want to jump back in now that Trials is on its way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Randolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tirankin wrote:
The BattleCON Organized Play Pre-Season is here!

Tournament documents, for the curious:
http://www.level99games.com/downloads/tournament-documents.h...

I'm in discussion with our friendly local game stores to see where I can organize a weekly organized play event in Plano or Dallas. Look for updates soon!

Jealous of the big cities around us (live in College Station). Think I'm going to have to settle for online for now. Might drive around for one of them if they ever occur on the weekends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kollar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on. Keep us informed so I can make arrangements to show up (coming from Roanoke).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably be down... at some point. Super busy these next couple of months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated original post with time slot: Saturday, October 8th, from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM, at Madness Games & Comics. Let me know if you can attend! Or can't! Or could, but won't, or... et cetera!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kollar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, though I won't be there until 11:00am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do my best to be there, but I work overnight on Friday and will be getting off at 8:30, so I'll pretty much be heading straight there and may be exhausted. Are you going to get with LVL99 about making this official so we can earn points in the Open Play League? Do we need to bring anything besides ourselves? I assume we'll need our BattleCON IDs from battleconnection.com so we can log our outcomes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud your dedication and hope to see you Saturday! Be careful driving, OK? Exhaustion can be quite dangerous. Better to play it safe if there's any risk of falling asleep at the wheel.

To answer your questions:

This is an official League event. I'll have an Event Record sheet, as well as a handful of Match Record sheets to give out (these are just record-keeping tools, so notebook paper will work if we run out).

Anyone who wants to earn League points will need to provide me with either their Duelist PIN # (from battleconnection.com) or their e-mail address. Anyone who doesn't provide me with a PIN # during the event (say, because they don't have one) will need to e-mail me their PIN # when they have one, using the e-mail address they provided. That'll let me match up each player with his or her own record.

EDIT: I'll have all play materials required, although anyone's welcome to bring their own games, supplies, playmats, etc. I don't think it's going to be a problem, but if two people want to play the same character, or if too many players want to play with the same set of bases, they won't be able to do so unless somebody else brought spares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players (including the Organizer, who also gets a nifty per-player bonus) get the following point awards on a per-event basis:

50 points for your first win,
20 points for your next 9 victories (no more than 3 per opponent),
10 points for every other game played (all losses, or wins after the first 10),
30 points for each completed Bonus Objective.

The Bonus Objectives (AKA Quests) for the current block are as follows:

Solid Foundations: Play 3 games with fighters from this list:
Eligor, Shekhtur, Alexian, Hikaru, Kallistar, Baenvier, Jager, Cadenza

Make your Mark: Play 3 games with fighters who use Markers, such as Karin, Alumis, Khadath, etc.

Ancient Titan: Battle as or against the ‘Runika & Udstad’ Boss, found in Devastation.

Photo Finish: Use 3 Overdrive Finishers.

‘Round the World: Play 3 Arena games.

Open Beta: Play 2 Beta games, using the Beta Bases included in Armory or Devastation.

Like the other awards, Quests are on a per-event basis; you can't play two games as a Marker fighter one week and then complete "Make your Mark" by playing one game as a Marker fighter the next week, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block 2 (10/17~10/30) has begun!

Transformation Complete!
Play 3 games with fighters from this list:
Kehrolyn, Zaamassal, Clive, Endrbyt, Lesandra, Lymn, Iri, Thessala

Against the Odds
Play in a 2 vs. 1 game as or against an EX opponent, 3 times.

Ancient Titan
Battle as or against the 'Runika & Udstad' Boss, found in Devastation.

Striking Out
Play 3 games with Strikers.

'Round the World
Play 3 Arena games.

Cosmic Power
Play 2 Almighty games, using the Almighty Fighters and Almighty Bases found in Light & Shadow.

As always, Quests are on a per-event basis; you can't play two Arena games one week and then complete "'Round the World" by playing one Arena game the following week, for example.

2016-10-24 edit: I've just received confirmation that "Against the Odds" requires 3 games to complete. The list has been revised accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block 3 (10/31~11/13) has begun!

Count on Me!
Luc, Magdelina, Adjenna, César, Endrbyt, Kajia, Marmelee, Burman

Force of Will
Play 3 games using the Force Gauge included in Fate.

Test of Faith
Battle as or against the 'Twilight Magdelina' Boss from Devastation.

Delta Force
Play 2 Delta Duels, using the Delta Bases included in Armory or Devastation.

'Round the World
Play 3 Arena games.

The Dark Side
Play 2 EX Duels, using the EX Fighters and EX Bases found in Light & Shadow or Devastation.

As always, Quests are on a per-event basis; you can't play an EX Duel one week and then complete "The Dark Side" by playing one EX Duel the following week, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiran Kin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BattleCON Organized Play S1 - Dallas / Plano, TX
The new Level 99 Organized Play season (which includes BattleCON, Exceed, and Pixel Tactics) begins March 1st, 2017!

Events will continue to be held every Saturday from 10:30 AM to 06:00 PM at Madness Games & Comics in Plano, TX. Until Season 1 starts, I don't guarantee that I'll be at Madness every weekend, but you can still find me there most Saturday evenings. =)

Also, in order to survive the off-season, I devised the following list of (completely unofficial) BC Off-Season Block (1/1~2/28) Bonus Objectives, here presented for the mild amusement of passers-by:

105% Completion
Adirondack Galilei, Angus Carnegie, Kana Tejinashi, Ludus Magnus, Patient 6

Sneak Preview
Play 3 games using the Force Timer included in Trials.

Ranterworks
Win a game as Mark.PTO against Mark.PTO.

Dungeon Crawlin' Fool
Play through all of the BattleQUEST dungeons using the same character.

New Centennial Rules
Play two Campaign League games using the Campaign League rules included in The Art of BattleCON.

Original God of Original War
Battle as or against D. Brad Talton, 3 times.

(Note that no points or other rewards will be gained upon completion of any of these objectives. The bragging rights, on the other hand, would be incredible.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.