Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Rau
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I took off the shrink wrap, opened the box...and this is what I found.

Cards are bent, cardboard is bent, and the sticker sheet for workers is ruined.
Just wondering if mine is the only one? I've already sent the company an email asking for replacement cards and pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hollister
United Kingdom
Hampton
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When mine arrived, the expansion cards had come loose from the paper wrap and got mixed up with the other components. Also 2 or 3 of the expansion tokens had come away from their sprue.

But no damage was caused to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Rau
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also forgot to mention that the fifth player board was missing, and all the expansion pieces were already punched and laying loose in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
WTF!!! Mine arrives this way I'll never buy or back this company again, and I hope others follow. I have over 600 games and I've never seen this kind of poor quality control. Ever!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
MistaRau wrote:

Just wondering if mine is the only one? I've already sent the company an email asking for replacement cards and pieces.

We already had discussion about this with the manufacturer. Unfortunatelly these type of card bends and cardboards cannot keep up for long trips.
We already sent packages for those who highlighted any issue. I requested you too to send us a list and pictures of the parts that needs to be replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good the publisher's reacting, that should keep folks confident. Mine was also messed up, but only one token is dinged, I don't trip. The game initially looks like a keeper (high hopes!), so I'm not worried about a potential resell value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BartP wrote:
It's good the publisher's reacting, that should keep folks confident. Mine was also messed up, but only one token is dinged, I don't trip. The game initially looks like a keeper (high hopes!), so I'm not worried about a potential resell value.

Yes, it is good the publisher is reacting, but blaming it on the long trip falls flat in my opinion. One would think this would have been accounted for in their distribution plans. The cats already out of the bag as the games have already shipped. Hopefully this thread stays open so buyers can report on whether there was a quick and satisfactory response by this game company. A good deal of faith is extended to game companies when we invest in their Kickstarters. Also, assuming this is not going to be an uncommon occurrence, the game company should post a link or email address to send those photos to to make requests for replacement parts. Let's pay attention gamers. Our money does not grow on trees in our backyards. This may be an awesome game, but we do need to know where and where not to spend our money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the latest Kickstarter campaign up-date:

"If any of you aware of missing components or damage, please send us an email to the info@a-games.hu address with a list of the required replacements and pictures. We will send a package with the replacement parts."

I've yet to receive my copy and hoping it arrives in good condition and complete...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
WTF!!! Mine arrives this way I'll never buy or back this company again, and I hope others follow. I have over 600 games and I've never seen this kind of poor quality control. Ever!!!

Try contacting the publisher first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My components were all over the shop but complete and undamaged - thankfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Loew
Norway
flag msg tools
MistaRau wrote:

Yup, my copy also looked like this. A total mess, and an awful first impression of the game. Coincidentally, I received Tiny Epic Western on the same day as Ave Roma. Both Kickstarters, and both probably traveled around the world on a container ship. Tiny Epic Western was a joy to unbox. Nothing was out of place, and it made me want to play the game straight away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nielsl1980 wrote:
MistaRau wrote:

Yup, my copy also looked like this. A total mess, and an awful first impression of the game. Coincidentally, I received Tiny Epic Western on the same day as Ave Roma. Both Kickstarters, and both probably traveled around the world on a container ship. Tiny Epic Western was a joy to unbox. Nothing was out of place, and it made me want to play the game straight away.

Presentation while not everything, does count for something. Opening your box for the first time should be a good experience, not a hollow disappointment . Sure hope this game recoups in play what it obvious lacks in quality control. So much for the "it traveled a long distance" excuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
Nielsl1980 wrote:
MistaRau wrote:

Presentation while not everything, does count for something. Opening your box for the first time should be a good experience, not a hollow disappointment . Sure hope this game recoups in play what it obvious lacks in quality control. So much for the "it traveled a long distance" excuse.

From Kickstarter campaign Update #21:

"Note: We already had a discussion with the manufacturer about this and recommended to change the way of packaging in the future. We plan to change the overall packaging and quality control process for our future games."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MistaRau wrote:

Mine is like this as well. I'm opening it now and I just hope it's not ruined.

BTW, it took 3 weeks to get here after happyshops sent it. 3 weeks! They must travel by foot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
Nielsl1980 wrote:
MistaRau wrote:

"Note: We already had a discussion with the manufacturer about this and recommended to change the way of packaging in the future. We plan to change the overall packaging and quality control process for our future games."

OK, that's good to hear. But I'm still curious as to how this current faux pas is handled by the publisher. I think that will be my compass as to whether I'll be putting money into their games in the future. If there's a swift response to replace missing/damaged pieces, that will go a long way towards backing/purchasing any of their future games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo Damo
msg tools
Mine arrived a couple of days ago looking similar to this, but considering that the box travelled across an ocean and through the hands of a careless postal system, I'm still happy.

Overall there were a few cards which were dog-eared but careful bending got them back to the correct shape. The cardstock on a couple of the pieces had slight fraying but nothing that 5 uses of the game wouldn't do to it.

Congratulations to Attila and team on the successful Kickstarter and all the best for your future endeavours. I'm looking forward to your next project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Swanner
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
sapper_D wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
Nielsl1980 wrote:
MistaRau wrote:

OK, that's good to hear. But I'm still curious as to how this current faux pas is handled by the publisher. I think that will be my compass as to whether I'll be putting money into their games in the future. If there's a swift response to replace missing/damaged pieces, that will go a long way towards backing/purchasing any of their future games.

I was a late backer, and I have had practically no communication with A Games. Since I was not a backer during the KS period, I am not able to comment on KS, and I didn't even get an email from them when I purchased the game (only from Paypal). I sent an email a couple weeks ago and I finally got a notification of received payment, but I have not heard anything at all about shipping. I know they had timing issues getting it to America, and it should be on the way, but I saw some backers talking about getting shipment emails weeks ago and I never received one. At this point if I get the game at all, much less in this condition, I will be happy. I am very worried that I will not, at this point. After this experience, I don't think I will back an A Games product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kswanner70 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
sapper_D wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
Nielsl1980 wrote:
MistaRau wrote:

I was a late backer, and I have had practically no communication with A Games. Since I was not a backer during the KS period, I am not able to comment on KS, and I didn't even get an email from them when I purchased the game (only from Paypal). I sent an email a couple weeks ago and I finally got a notification of received payment, but I have not heard anything at all about shipping. I know they had timing issues getting it to America, and it should be on the way, but I saw some backers talking about getting shipment emails weeks ago and I never received one. At this point if I get the game at all, much less in this condition, I will be happy. I am very worried that I will not, at this point. After this experience, I don't think I will back an A Games product.

If it's any consolation, we were a Kickstarter backer, and we haven't receive our order yet either (we ordered 20 copies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Tyler
msg tools
I haven't received anything either. I think the American copies are still in transit. I haven't received anything other than an invoice saying I had already paid. I am a late backer as well. I am starting to wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter Up-date 4: US Delivery

Quote:
As you know the games left the factory in September, many of you already received theirs. But probably many of you in the US are waiting for a status update about the US shipping part.

We contacted our freight shipping partner and in our latest knowledge they handled the pallets by a different cargo ship than they told us before. That means the pallets should arrive to Boston today (28th of October). We’ve requested our partner to fasten up the delivery to ShipNaked, if possible.

In the meantime we are preparing the final backer list upload file with ShipNaked, also they will try to find the best schedules for the deliveries. They currently estimated the arrival of the packages to your hand within 2-4 weeks.

Thank you and best wishes,
A-games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived a few days ago, and yes, it looked about as messed up as in the photo above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.