Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Extra Starting Equipment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Just bought Black Plague along with Wulfsburg and the Hero Box 1. Now there are way more than 6 starting equipment cards available, and I was wondering how this is handled. Does this mean that from now on, we will start with more items than if playing with just the base game? Or do you only deal out a specific number of starting cards from the actual starting item deck? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Survivor gets one and only one Starting Equipment card, chosen from amongst all those that you own. This is hinted at in the rules and has been officially confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rekarm wrote:
Just bought Black Plague along with Wulfsburg and the Hero Box 1. Now there are way more than 6 starting equipment cards available, and I was wondering how this is handled. Does this mean that from now on, we will start with more items than if playing with just the base game? Or do you only deal out a specific number of starting cards from the actual starting item deck? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Only one starting equipment cards per hero. Those extra cards are only if you want to play more than 6 heroes. If you play only whit 6 hero use base game starting equipment cards and add the extra cards if you use more heroes.

Edit. I'm slow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Linssi89 wrote:

Only one starting equipment cards per hero. Those extra cards are only if you want to play more than 6 heroes. If you play only whit 6 hero use base game starting equipment cards and add the extra cards if you use more heroes.

Edit. I'm slow

You aren't limited to the base game's Starting Equipment cards when playing with 6. You can choose from all the cards you own, provided you only get one each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:

You aren't limited to the base game's Starting Equipment cards when playing with 6. You can choose from all the cards you own, provided you only get one each.

Little depends. If you play with 6 heroes and choose from all the cards what you have so that means you can equip two mana blasts and two short bows for 4 heroes.

What I mean is that starting game you have only those weapons which was given to you. No more no less. There can be situation where you have to choose which one of two good wizards starts with mana blast and who gets only sword. (Yeah I know it's not a big deal)

But this is a good game which can also be played the way you feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that one of my favorite things about this game is how modular it is - everyone can play it slightly differently. Personally, I'm trying to keep my set as reflective of the base game as possible - basic starting equipment for 6 characters, maintain necro/abom distribution with the expansions, no more than 1 necro/abom on the board at a time (additional drawn cards simply give additional activations even if a different flavor), etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.