Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 20 , last paragraph, when giving the US player Prestige Points for the Military DEFCON agenda it states that the US player receives 4 points since that is the difference between his current Military DEFCON and the Soviet. However, the card providing these points reads that the US player gets the difference + 1. So, the final total score for the game is then incorrect in the rule book. Am I reading this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. They forgot the "+1" prestige from the Agenda card.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skjold Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Good catch!
For future editions somebody at our end should clean up the playthrough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
If this great game is ever republished in a new edition, perhaps either the rulebook itself and/or an additional play through can provide additional clarity for some of the more common forum questions (such as what happens when both players reveal identical defcon track agendas).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just got the game the other day and came here with the exact same question as the OP. Am glad to hear that I understood the "+1" correctly and that the U.S. won afterall! laugh

R M Chair General wrote:
...can provide additional clarity for some of the more common forum questions (such as what happens when both players reveal identical defcon track agendas).

But isn't this already covered in the rules? I mean, page 8 clearly says to resolve both agendas simultaneously (and in bold font, even), and that you could end up [as a result] scoring your opponent's agenda.

I guess I'm lost as to how that's confusing. I'm not trying to be snarky as I'm usually the one who craves clarity in rulebooks, but I'm missing why this rule is confusing so many people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Plečkaitis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think play-through cries for listing exact position of all DEFCON markers after each change (f.e. US:6/4/3, USSR:4/3/2) or at least at the end of each round. I went through twice and still cannot match with author comments about DEFCON position. It remains not clear if I made mistakes or play-through. I know that author did their best but that was really annoying time wasting aspect of learning the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

R M Chair General wrote:
...can provide additional clarity for some of the more common forum questions (such as what happens when both players reveal identical defcon track agendas).

But isn't this already covered in the rules? I mean, page 8 clearly says to resolve both agendas simultaneously (and in bold font, even), and that you could end up [as a result] scoring your opponent's agenda.

I guess I'm lost as to how that's confusing.

People have been asking if the DefCon tracks are moved 1 or 2 spaces for markers in DefCon 2 when both players choose the same DefCon track for their agenda, and this is not explicitly covered in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.