United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh look, CNN fat shamed Miss Universe...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/09/29/cnn-hypocris...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Glad you are aware of that.

While I'm not happy with it, news organizations quite often judge people unfairly.

But, since I don't get to elect them, I will do what I can with those I can elect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
That's likely not the only media organization to do that. They should all be called out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
I'll be interested to see whether CNN's reaction is to double down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Someone else being shitty doesn't absolve Trump of being a shithead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burn on all of us CNN fanboys. You really got us this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be looking for the 3AM hissy fit from CNN's head of programming any minute now.

Or not.

Points for starting to grasp logic, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
CNN does employ a paid Trump surrogate, so there you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

So your point is that Jeanne Moos was as insensitive as Donald Trump? Mission accomplished. Donald Trump sunk to the level of the much reviled CNN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, CNN hired a writer whose attitude toward women is pretty crappy. If that guy ever ran for president I'd certainly consider that shitty article as indicative of a personality that might not be the best for a president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The D didn't come back for his beating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Well his gotcha didn't gotch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Well his gotcha didn't gotch...

Huh.

Maybe he's smarter than I thought. The dumb ones usually double down until everyone has given them at least 2 or 3 kicks in the ribs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he's been spanked one-too-many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I think he's been spanked one-too-many times.

That would explain A LOT of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not watch CNN as I find them shit and annoying (yes anapore or whatever your damn name is I am looking at you).

This is exactly the sort of thing people are talking about, a culture that demeans anyone who is not skinny. CNN doing it is shity, Trump doing it is shity.

But Trump wants to lead the nation, so he should lead by example, and is example is a poor one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think accurately reporting her weight is "every bit as fat-shaming" as calling her "Miss Piggy". Like it or not, if you want to compete in pageants based on your appearance then your weight is relevant. But Trump is at a whole different level than objectively discussing her weight and appearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Please note that the Democrat candidate

Still with the slurs?

Quote:
I guess if you think sending private detectives after them or lawyers to threaten them is a proper way to treat the women your husband sexually assaulted

Still carrying water for Trump?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:
Wow, CNN hired a writer whose attitude toward women is pretty crappy. If that guy ever ran for president I'd certainly consider that shitty article as indicative of a personality that might not be the best for a president.

Please note that the Democrat candidate has a pretty crappy attitude toward women, in particular the women who Bill boinked. (And by some accounts is still boinking.) But I guess if you think sending private detectives after them or lawyers to threaten them is a proper way to treat the women your husband sexually assaulted . . . well, then you probably think Hillary is awesome!
Or they might say that an unsubstantiated accusation is not the same as something even his supported accept Trump said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
a pretty crappy attitude toward women, in particular the women who Bill boinked.

But not assassinated? I thought that was the Clinton method of dealing with inconvenient people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Please note that the Democrat candidate

Still with the slurs?

His bigoted nature against "Leftists" is becoming ever more transparent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

Please note that the Democrat candidate has a pretty crappy attitude toward women, in particular the women who Bill boinked. (And by some accounts is still boinking.) But I guess if you think sending private detectives after them or lawyers to threaten them is a proper way to treat the women your husband sexually assaulted . . . well, then you probably think Hillary is awesome!

Yes, yes no story about El Grandisimo Orange Julioso and his shitty behavior is complete without the relentless cry of BUT HILLARY.

Sure. Right wingers allege Hillary did bad stuff to women who Bill is alleged to have assaulted, and we know that she absolutely stood by Bill despite the fact that he had numerous affairs.

We also know that now, today and as a leader and presidential candidate she is for treating all women with respect. Trump very, very clearly is not.

Plus, if we want to get into allegations, Trump is an alleged rapist. Do you think an alleged rapist or an alleged defender of an alleged rapist is a better candidate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Now defend Hillary's shitty behavior toward women.

Why? Let's say she's a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, and let's say Trump is a 12. Isn't "12 is more than 2" the most relevant fact? Not arguing about whether 2 should be 1, or 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
I do like Drew pretending he gives a shit about women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 I think she's a shitty candidate and I always have.

#2 We have two choices and she's the less shitty choice. Of course she's still a shitty choice, but she's so obviously a much, much LESS shitty choice. You can't pretend Trump isn't there because if the republican party had been anything but a runaway mine cart ride to complete fucking idiocy for the last eight years I might actually be considering crossing party lines, like say you were running a John McCain this year.

#3 I wouldn't say her conduct is morally excusable, like I judge her as a person for doing some of the stuff I know or suspect she did, and some of the other stuff, if she did it, that was bad, sure. As far as legally excusable goes, the Republican Hit Squad has been on her ass for about 20 years, if there was a legal case to make I think they'd have made it by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.