Subject: Trinkets the Scavenger: Official P&P rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer

Latest P&P files for Trinkets the Scavenger.

Download here: First part / Second part

UPDATED 01/02/2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Prelimanary card listing for Trinkets the Scavenger
Kit is interesting so far. You may need to clarify the difference between obstacle and impassable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Dbriner31 wrote:
Kit is interesting so far. You may need to clarify the difference between obstacle and impassable.

Yep, that's a new concept. We're going to introduce new terrain types in addition to the existing "impassable".

One of these terrain types is an "obstacle". Obstacle hexes count as an empty space when you move through them, but you can't end your movement on an "obstacle".

That means, for example, that a ranged hero standing behind an obstacle can attack a melee hero, while the distance he has to move to be able to attack in melee is effectively increased by 1.

It will also allow the board to have chasms, walls, barricades, ladders etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
nichik wrote:
Dbriner31 wrote:

Yep, that's a new concept. We're going to introduce new terrain types in addition to the existing "impassable".

One of these terrain types is an "obstacle". Obstacle hexes count as an empty space when you move through them, but you can't end your movement on an "obstacle".

That means, for example, that a ranged hero can use obstacles to prevent melee heroes to move into range of a melee attack.

It will also allow the board to have chasms, walls, barricades, ladders etc.

... So what I'm hearing is possibility for new maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Dbriner31 wrote:

... So what I'm hearing is possibility for new maps.

I didn't promise anything yet ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Ryan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I plan on printing him out and giving him a run in the next few weeks. Looks like a fun character, though I'd probably put his challenge rating up there Min, Wuk & Hanu, and Ignatia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Updated the top post with links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What size paper should these be printed on?
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
A4, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
A4 worked great for me. I'm not sure if non-rescaled printing on Letter would work as there is some space between the cards and Letter might run a little short (depending on your printer's margins).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for fast response. Does Trinkets have a character card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
SeerMagic wrote:
Does Trinkets have a character card?

Not at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Trinket's turret count as a token? I would guess not, but I'm mainly asking if his turret needs to be put down again every round (since tokens are removed at the end of the round).

I used him last night for the first time. He drove my opponents crazy with his leveling up simply by digging for gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
TheGelatinousCube wrote:
Does Trinket's turret count as a token? I would guess not, but I'm mainly asking if his turret needs to be put down again every round (since tokens are removed at the end of the round).

The turret is not a token and remains until either:
a) It's defeated.
b) It's placed in a new spot by using the basic card.

TheGelatinousCube wrote:
I used him last night for the first time. He drove my opponents crazy with his leveling up simply by digging for gold! :)

How did it go? What was the setup? Who won in the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nichik wrote:

How did it go? What was the setup? Who won in the end?

Setup: Single lane board. Ignatia & Min VS. Trinkets and Tigerclaw.

There was a LOT of back and forth, and the game actually took almost 5 hours! From here on out we will definitely be using the tower rush variant to prevent this. Everyone enjoyed it the entire time, actually, except for the player controlling Min. He didn't enjoy playing as Min, but he does in general enjoy the game. Ignatia & Min won, mainly thanks to Ignatia's ultimate completely crushing our minions.

We misinterpreted Ignatia's ultimate, and we were not targeting friendly units with it. After I informed everyone that we did it wrong, the player controlling her said that he thinks that makes her useless, but I disagree; he was obliterating our minions with her ability so if it's tempered a bit I don't see that as a bad thing.

I loved playing as Trinkets. I felt his power was offset by his glacial movement pace and complete lack of offensive capability without his turret.

Min never got killed thanks to his ability to warp back to base, and his card that lets you not play a defense card completely shut down Tigerclaw's dodge ability. I laughed when he tried it on me and I informed him that Trinkets doesn't have any defense cards.

Tigerclaw was a good partner for Trinkets since he is much more mobile.

The game is a hit with my group, and I'll tell you, it's the only Kickstarter I have backed that I don't regret. Great job!

There is only ONE component upgrade that I wish had happened, and I solved it myself with some small plastic clips. We slide the clips along the player sheet to easily indicate the hero's current level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
TheGelatinousCube wrote:

There was a LOT of back and forth, and the game actually took almost 5 hours! From here on out we will definitely be using the tower rush variant to prevent this.

Yeah, that was a bit of a mistake on my side I think. Should've made tower variant standard.

TheGelatinousCube wrote:

We misinterpreted Ignatia's ultimate, and we were not targeting friendly units with it. After I informed everyone that we did it wrong, the player controlling her said that he thinks that makes her useless, but I disagree; he was obliterating our minions with her ability so if it's tempered a bit I don't see that as a bad thing.

Well, it's still very powerful, it would simply take a bit more careful positioning to wipe out more enemies than friendlies.

TheGelatinousCube wrote:

The game is a hit with my group, and I'll tell you, it's the only Kickstarter I have backed that I don't regret. Great job!

Thank you!

TheGelatinousCube wrote:

There is only ONE component upgrade that I wish had happened, and I solved it myself with some small plastic clips. We slide the clips along the player sheet to easily indicate the hero's current level.

True. It was never an issue in play-testing since we've always looked at the number of cards to determine level, but judging by amount of feedback, this is definitely something to consider going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.