Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Anybody Used Any Varients with Armada Units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Chapuis
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anybody found a good way of incorporating some Armada units in the Rebellion game? I would be interested in trying something that added some flavor the the space combat portion of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
I remember before release, people threw around ideas of using Armada for space combat and Imperial Assault for ground stuff. I guess we could also use Destiny for leader actions now.

If you want your game to basically play out in realtime over the course of like, 3 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapuis
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
I remember before release, people threw around ideas of using Armada for space combat and Imperial Assault for ground stuff. I guess we could also use Destiny for leader actions now.

If you want your game to basically play out in realtime over the course of like, 3 years.

Definitely not interested in that.

However, it seems possible to spice up combat a bit with a combat variant that uses Armada units. I'd want something quick (compared to an armada game), but since it would lengthen individual combats substantially, only use it on "big battles"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

Seriously though someone needs to make this happen.

In armada do two blockade runners basically equal a SD? does the scaling work? We should make a mega thread for this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:

Seriously though someone needs to make this happen.

In armada do two blockade runners basically equal a SD? does the scaling work? We should make a mega thread for this...

In a nutshell, no. The core set for Armada has a Corvette and a Nebulon B against a Victory-class Star Destroyer (significantly smaller than the iconic Imperial-class) - plus roughly comparable sets of X-Wings and TIE Fighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.