Subject: Still no word on the extra CE editions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...that were supposed to have been made available for purchase in September. Really want a copy of this great game for myself, but no way paying the crazy insane ebay prices.
Hope next month, as it looks like GMT games are pretty much a mess right now with their big conversion / change over going on anyway. Sure will be nice when all gets changed over for them and everyone that supports them.
These are never fun to get done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMT Games
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got it right, Mike. Transition is dominating my time right now as well as affecting our ability to do massive and "not normal P500" shipping. We should be able to go live with new website and all new back end and warehouse operations in early November. After that we'll do yearly sale, which is the first MASSIVE op that would wreck our existing system (and warehouse people). After THAT, we'll make that extra KS Twilight Struggle CE + expansion material available for sale.

Sorry for the delay, but trying to do this with our existing system would be a much bigger mess.

Best,

Gene
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Parsons
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for asking the question that I'm sure was on the minds of many, and thank you GMT for a speedy and authoritative answer. If it's not too cheeky to ask, are the replacement cards (for the misprints in CE) on the same timetable?

Good luck, GMT, with the 'realignment'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Gene for the info. A holding pattern it shall be. Hope the change over goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisham Masri
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
GMT Games wrote:
You've got it right, Mike. Transition is dominating my time right now as well as affecting our ability to do massive and "not normal P500" shipping. We should be able to go live with new website and all new back end and warehouse operations in early November. After that we'll do yearly sale, which is the first MASSIVE op that would wreck our existing system (and warehouse people). After THAT, we'll make that extra KS Twilight Struggle CE + expansion material available for sale.

Sorry for the delay, but trying to do this with our existing system would be a much bigger mess.

Best,

Gene

Gene,

Is there any newsletter or anything else we can sign up for to be notified when these are available for sale?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
CorpusJurist wrote:
GMT Games wrote:

Best,

Gene

Gene,

Is there any newsletter or anything else we can sign up for to be notified when these are available for sale?

Thanks!

GMT has a monthly newsletter they send out. For folks who don't subscribe to it, they post links for it in the GMT folder, on Facebook and on Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, -that's where it said they were shooting for getting them out the door last month, but like he said things change.
In the Chat box message I sent them, they just said to keep checking back each day. So it appears the info we have here up above and checking GMT website would be the best course of action. (and prey the ebay pirates don't beat us to the punch and we can snag a copy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
swanstuff wrote:
are the replacement cards (for the misprints in CE) on the same timetable?

A bunch of us have already received our replacements. They went out the door like 3 weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
143245 wrote:
swanstuff wrote:
are the replacement cards (for the misprints in CE) on the same timetable?

A bunch of us have already received our replacements. They went out the door like 3 weeks ago.

Conversely, I am still waiting on mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Month later, maybe we will hear something in the November monthly update around the 17-18 of this month. (troops massed at the border waiting for the word to go)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another monthly update and nothing on the left over CE editions.

At this point guess with all GMT has going on with the change over it is a 2017 thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question is now... how long into 2017 will we see anything on the left over CE editions???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally some info, but will still be waiting guessing another month or so at this rate as have heard it all before. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.