Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Should I vote?
Yes, but only because I want you to vote for a specific candidate
Yes, but I don't care who you vote for
Yes, because it's your duty as an American citizen (or some other patriotic mumbo jumbo)
No, but only because the choices suck
No, because your vote doesn't really count
No, because I don't want you voting for a certain candidate
Some other possibility (explain in your reply)
      30 answers
Poll created by agentkuo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentkuo wrote:
Poll
Should I vote?
Yes, but only because I want you to vote for a specific candidate
Yes, but I don't care who you vote for
Yes, because it's your duty as an American citizen (or some other patriotic mumbo jumbo)
No, but only because the choices suck
No, because your vote doesn't really count
No, because I don't want you voting for a certain candidate
Some other possibility (explain in your reply)
      30 answers
Poll created by agentkuo

Yes. It's your right as a citizen and one for which Americans have literally died to provide you.

Yes. You live in a Republic. You will rarely get to vote on direct issues and the people elected to represent you will do so for years at a time.

Yes. A relatively small portion of the American public votes so your vote actually carries more weight than merely one person. It also gives you an opportunity to learn about the issues AND elections typically involve more than merely one issue or candidate.

Yes. When you exercise the franchise, it ties you more directly to the results and engenders more of a feeling of responsibility for the outcome.

But don't stop there. Involve yourself in local politics. Serve on a jury. But, if you don't vote don't come in here complaining about the outcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I refuse to listen to the political opinion of people who haven't voted. That said we don't usually have a binary choice at least in theory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.