Subject: Home rules for collisions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaime Pérez
Spain
Torrejon de Ardoz
Madrid
flag msg tools
Well i started playing with no collisions at all cause i found the black dice rolls to slow the game too much (i always play 2 lap races with 2 cars for each player). The problem was that i didnt like to ignore the body points.

Here's what i do to avoid all those anoying black dice rolls everytime 2 cars land together and still use in some way and worry about the car body.

"Everytime a car is in a blocking situation, and needs to use brake/tires points to avoid crashing, automatically loses 1 body point per each 3 spaces that would remain to be moved."

1 - 3 spaces: 1 body point + the brake points
4 - 6 spaces: 2 body points + the brake and tire points
7 spaces: elimination

The car in front of the car crashing loses body points as follows:

1 - 3 spaces: no body points
4 - 6 spaces: 1 body point
7 spaces (elimination of the other car): 2 body points

If the car in front of the crashing car is eliminated, the car that caused the crash automatically loses 1 extra body point. To clarify this (i guess thats the best i can do with my english ), here's and example:

CAR A (no body points lost) rolls a dice in a blocking situation with CAR B that has no body points left. CAR A moves as far as he can but he still has 4 spaces remaining:

CAR B loses a body point (for the 4 spaces remaining of the other car) and is eliminated (had no body points left)

CAR A loses 2 body points, 3 brake points and 1 tire point (for the 4 spaces remaining) + an extra body point for the elimination of the other car. He loses a total of 3 body points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlton
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group only rolls in the corners. In 2-stop corners, 1-2 is a hit. In 3-stop corners, it's 1-3.

Additionally, if you overshoot, you increase your risk by 1 for every space beyond the corner. So a car that overshoots a 2-stop corner by 2 can get hit with any roll 1-4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Pérez
Spain
Torrejon de Ardoz
Madrid
flag msg tools
Well, since i've been using this rule, no car has been eliminated, they usually lose 1-2 body points per game (minor crashes) but thanks for your opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Pérez
Spain
Torrejon de Ardoz
Madrid
flag msg tools
We also tried rolling only in corners but we found it almost the same, rolling and rolling black dices and adding more randomness to the game. With the rules described above we felt like playing more dynamic races with some pit stops needed to repair the car body. It also adds a bit more of tension (and harder decision switching gears) when the path is blocked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I didn't inspect my D20 last game I would have thought it was missing a "1" face. 4 players with two cars each on a three lap race and it *never* rolled a "1" for a collision. People were getting pretty comfortable out there....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.