Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see in the instruction book it says that players have the option of passing instead of attacking.

So does that mean I could pass for both wave 1 and wave 2 and end my turn without ever attacking?

In that case does it mean all my minions remain behind to attack the next round?

I can see it being a viable strategy if you maybe had to spend all your gold building and rerolling towers, and could only afford 1 or 2 gold worth of minions, or a squad of Orcs KOd a lot of them, so you would hold them back till next round where you could reinforce them.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a follow up.

If an opponent plays necromancy in a 2 player game, can you just pass your whole attack phase away to make Necromancy essentially be useless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is the same as yours. However, you have to keep in mind that passing a whole turn has diminishing returns. You can still only have 4 units (plus the units in your bonus wave), so if your waves already have 2 units (even ones that are mostly destroyed by Orcs and Harpies), you can't buy new units on your next turn. You'd have to spend all of your gold on towers and spells and still attack with those weak waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true. We just played our first 2 player game and my opponent bought Necromancy after he saw I bought several more plentiful squads and I said, I will just pass and he felt that did not seem right that you can just hold back to nullify someone's spell.

But we definitely can see how the perpetual pass strategy could backfire on you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.