Subject: seagoing caravans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Let go Jets!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of this expansion, especially since I read the review by Nate Straight. I have a copy of Oasis and never play with five players and looking at the pictures I think that it does have a very nice look (keeping with the wooden theme).

The question that I have is if the caravan can go over the sea? And if so does it have to go through a port first? I can't find anything addressing this in the rules so I am curious to others thoughts. I see how it could still work with the "longest road" with the ships and all.

I personally don't think it would need to go through a port, but I haven't had a chance to try it either way yet. Shoot me some ideas and why and why nots for both. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
I like the idea of this expansion, especially since I read the review by Nate Straight. I have a copy of Oasis and never play with five players and looking at the pictures I think that it does have a very nice look (keeping with the wooden theme).

The question that I have is if the caravan can go over the sea? And if so does it have to go through a port first? I can't find anything addressing this in the rules so I am curious to others thoughts. I see how it could still work with the "longest road" with the ships and all.

I personally don't think it would need to go through a port, but I haven't had a chance to try it either way yet. Shoot me some ideas and why and why nots for both. Thanks.

I'd say "no," simply because camels can't walk on water.

... but, if you want magical water-walking camels, go for it.

I doubt there's an "official" ruling on this question, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
I'd say "no," simply because camels can't walk on water.

... but, if you want magical water-walking camels, go for it.

I doubt there's an "official" ruling on this question, though.

Well, there 'almost' is!

According to Sebastian Rapp from Kosmos does "even water count as a space" when placing Caravan arrows.
http://www.siedeln.de/faq/595_1219_de.html

the problem is that he was answering this question:
"Is it allowed to place arrows along the coast?"

But the question is actually answered by the rules as each Camel arrow must point towards a fork in the road leading from the road where the last Camel arrow was placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.