Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
5 hours of coverage of the AFL Grand Final began at 9pm MST here, tonight.

The pregame entertainment was decent. Vance Joy was decent, The Living End rocked out with an added string quartet on one song, then Sting did 3 short songs.

Sydney Swans started the game with a goal and 2 singles after 10 minutes of scrambled back & forth play.
Then the Western Bulldogs responded with two goals of their own, to take the lead 12 - 8 after the first quarter.

It's 11:10pm now, and I'm going to bed.

Go Bullies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
...I'm going to bed.

WHAT!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andalusian flange league?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Andalusian flange league?
No...
African Flying Lemurs!
They're much more dangerous as they now have surplus MiG 21s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
89 - 67 for Perth!

Sounds like I should have stayed up until 1am to see it.

Western Bulldogs are champs-- congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
We in the US got screwed.

All season long, we got 2-3 matches a week on Fox Sports 1 and/or Fox Sports 2, including most all of the Finals matches.

The Grand Final was aired on Fox Sports Plus, a premium channel! And since I'm not subscribed to it...no Grand Final.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:

All season long, we got 2-3 matches a week on Fox Sports 1 and/or Fox Sports 2, including most all of the Finals matches.

The Grand Final was aired on Fox Sports Plus, a premium channel! And since I'm not subscribed to it...no Grand Final.

That is a great loss, because this was the best GF for the last ten years - incredible rise by an underdog team, and the scores were neck-and-neck the whole game. Most recent finals have been one-sided and dull. I'm no Bulldog fan, but it was wonderful to see them win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozludo wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

That is a great loss, because this was the best GF for the last ten years - incredible rise by an underdog team, and the scores were neck-and-neck the whole game. Most recent finals have been one-sided and dull. I'm no Bulldog fan, but it was wonderful to see them win.

Got a recap on the football guild here on BGG. Sounds like it was a classic! Big win for an underdog team is always a great storyline for everyone (except for the team that loses to said underdog).

Congrats to the erstwhile Footscray for ending their 62-year drought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
89 - 67 for Perth!

It's western as in western Melbourne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.