Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I. Withnail
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Shakespeare fans,
A quick question for you. Just finished a game with the two lead players tied on prestige points, so the tie breaker is money. One player was able to pay all her characters, and had 2 pounds left over. I was able to pay all my characters except one, who was valued at 5 and I had 4 pounds. I suffered the loss of prestige points for that. How do we fare in terms of the tie break?
I'm thinking if she could pay all her characters and had money left over, she should win, but not sure the rules specify this.
Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been awhile since I've read the rules but I always interpreted it as you give them all the money that you have even if you're not able to pay them completely. So I think you'd lose those 4 pounds and wouldn't have them for the tie breaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am positive that you keep the 4 pounds.

You only pay those you are about to pay fully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Raymore
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
I am positive that you keep the 4 pounds.

You only pay those you are about to pay fully.

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
Australia
Mount Waverley
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting!

It does say "Each character who is not paid.." I would suggest that if you had to partially pay them, it might read "Each character who is not fully paid.." or similar.

I reckon you won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.