$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Pre-order promo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some days ago I saw in one of BGG's banners that you would get 3 spyglass tokens if you pre-order the new edition of Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island from Portal. I saw that banner at least twice. However, that information is not present at Portal's website and they have not responded to my 2 enquiries.

Does anyone know if these tokens will actually be included? And what role do they play on the game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flávio O
msg tools
mbmb
Wasn't a spyglass, perhaps?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
monkeyvsmonkey wrote:
Wasn't a spyglass, perhaps?


I don't think so. I am pretty sure there were 3 of them.

Edit: I see what you mean. Updating original post, thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
monkeyvsmonkey wrote:
Wasn't a spyglass, perhaps?


I don't think so. I am pretty sure there were 3 of them.


Three spyglasses.

It's weird though, as Spyglass promo is nothing new while their other Essen releases are getting new items.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For those not in the know, the Spyglass promo is one of the most useless promos I've ever seen. From memory, your supposed to physically break the cardboard spyglass, to give yourself a one-off in game morale boost.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shown on Portals fb page.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
minksling wrote:

Nice find unsure why they don't have it in the website.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
tombot wrote:
For those not in the know, the Spyglass promo is one of the most useless promos I've ever seen. From memory, your supposed to physically break the cardboard spyglass, to give yourself a one-off in game morale boost.


It's actually 5 Determination tokens.
I think it's just a little Legacyesque spice they're adding
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sure, and I would not mind that. But honestly, if we would win a game after tearing up a spyglass, it would feel like a win in cheat mode. Not much different then taking a few extra DTs out of the supply, you did not "earn". Because of that, it was never a promo, I was interested in.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Susumu wrote:
Sure, and I would not mind that. But honestly, if we would win a game after tearing up a spyglass, it would feel like a win in cheat mode. Not much different then taking a few extra DTs out of the supply, you did not "earn". Because of that, it was never a promo, I was interested in.


Your argument makes no sense. If an expansion makes a game easier, then playing with an expansion is not using a cheat code. Just like an expansion or any other promo card or even a variant, it's an option, especially since it's limited use.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nobody actually destroys a boardgame token just because it says so right? Just put it back in the box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koverath wrote:
Nobody actually destroys a boardgame token just because it says so right? Just put it back in the box.


Yet -that- is cheating, as the rule says to destroy it

It's like a legacy promo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koverath wrote:
Nobody actually destroys a boardgame token just because it says so right? Just put it back in the box.


How else are you supposed to have a profound, life-altering experience if you don't destroy a piece of cardboard?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.