Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Carcassonne: Amazonas» Forums » General

Subject: German rulebook's out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
German rulebook's published on Hans im Gluck website.

Any German fans can summarize the differences? I tried my best to understand it, but my German proved to be too weak :/.

I know that there's an additional "racing" element, you try to progress your boat furthest on the Amazon river discovery track. You progress one step if you don't place any meeple or hut on your turn. Huts behave like the ones in Carcassonne: Over Hill and Dale edition (farmers scoring at the end of the game in the regular Carcassonne).
I know that Amazon basins score like roads. If there are additional boat symbols on them you also progress on the Amazon track. What's interesting, a movement is triggered when you add a meeple to a river with boats as well as when boats are added to a river with your meeple.

Villages = cities, nothing new in this regard.

I didn't understand the scoring behind Amazon track though. I know you want to be furthest ahead, both over the course of the game as well as at the end, as there are some points to be grabbed there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B.
Germany
flag msg tools
BartP wrote:
German rulebook's published on Hans im Gluck website.

Any German fans can summarize the differences? I tried my best to understand it, but my German proved to be too weak :/.

I know that there's an additional "racing" element, you try to progress your boat furthest on the Amazon river discovery track. You progress one step if you don't place any meeple or hut on your turn. Huts behave like the ones in Carcassonne: Over Hill and Dale edition, i.e. like farmers scoring at the end of the game in the regular Carcassonne.


Unlike in Carcassonne: Over Hill and Dale your huts score for each animal in the jungle region they are in, not for each animal around them.

Quote:

I know that Amazon basins score like roads. If there are additional boat symbols on them you also progress on the Amazon track. What's interesting, a movement is triggered when you add a meeple is added to a river with boats as well as when boats are added to a river with your meeple.

Villages = cities, nothing new in this regard.

I didn't understand the scoring behind Amazon track though. I know you want to be furthest ahead, both over the course of the game as well as at the end, as there are some points to be grabbed there.


The first place gets points for all the animals in the Amazonas, the second place only for the fish, when an Amazonas scoring round starts. There are Amazonas tiles mixed in with the regular tiles, three of which are marked with an "!". When added to the river (Amazonas tiles can only be added to the river) you immediatly add a double tile to the Amazonas. I guess thats when the Amazonas gets scored. The rules are a bit unclear.

It's worth noticing that the shilds from standard Carcassonne, which are now fruit baskets, can now also be found alongside basins
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan T.
msg tools
The scoring of the Amazon track works like this:

There are 15 regular sized Amazon River tiles mixed with the 65 other tiles. Whenever you draw an Amazon River tile and place it, the first boat gets a point for each animal on the tile (caimans and piranhas), second boat gets a point for every piranha.

Among the 15 regular sized Amazon River tiles are 3 with no animals but a "!" on it. If you draw one of those you place a double sized Amazon River tile which is scored like above.

So there will be 15 river scorings in a game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My German's not so good but I put some notes from translations on Carcassonne Central.

You should get a pretty good idea of what's happening.

Carcassonne:Amazonas
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
Avatar
mbmbmb
bayrisch_hell wrote:
BartP wrote:
German rulebook's published on Hans im Gluck website.

Any German fans can summarize the differences? I tried my best to understand it, but my German proved to be too weak :/.

I know that there's an additional "racing" element, you try to progress your boat furthest on the Amazon river discovery track. You progress one step if you don't place any meeple or hut on your turn. Huts behave like the ones in Carcassonne: Over Hill and Dale edition, i.e. like farmers scoring at the end of the game in the regular Carcassonne.


Unlike in Carcassonne: Over Hill and Dale your huts score for each animal in the jungle region they are in, not for each animal around them.

Quote:

I know that Amazon basins score like roads. If there are additional boat symbols on them you also progress on the Amazon track. What's interesting, a movement is triggered when you add a meeple is added to a river with boats as well as when boats are added to a river with your meeple.

Villages = cities, nothing new in this regard.

I didn't understand the scoring behind Amazon track though. I know you want to be furthest ahead, both over the course of the game as well as at the end, as there are some points to be grabbed there.


The first place gets points for all the animals in the Amazonas, the second place only for the fish, when an Amazonas scoring round starts. There are Amazonas tiles mixed in with the regular tiles, three of which are marked with an "!". When added to the river (Amazonas tiles can only be added to the river) you immediatly add a double tile to the Amazonas. I guess thats when the Amazonas gets scored. The rules are a bit unclear.

It's worth noticing that the shilds from standard Carcassonne, which are now fruit baskets, can now also be found alongside basins


As far as I can make out, only the animals on the placed Amazon tile score; player(s) in front get points for each animal on that tile (big or small tile), player(s) in second get just fish. Everyone else moves their boat forward instead (important as in our first game we missed this and the 3rd player was left miles behind!)

For 2 players: only player in front gets points, other player moves boat.

End game scoring is kind of obvious from the points printed on the little tile at the end of the river.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - yes that's pretty much right.
When ever a river tiles with animals is played scoring occurs. The front boat scores big+small animals. The 2nd place boat scores only small animals. The boats behind move forward one space on the boat rcae track.

Got to play this several times during Essen, it was great fun!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.