Darkrock Ventures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two players fix rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I have read that the first rule concerning the two playes game was not so good specially with the lack of tension on the board. Has it been fixed with updated rules? I am considering buying this game but I prefer to know how it feels with two players before as I will mostly play it with my wife or solo on my own. Thanks for your replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew enriquez
United States
fort worth
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
originally there were no two player variations, it played the same and that left the board a little too wide open, so we came up with 2 two player variants, one introduces a dummy player that is split between the players to sort of block each other by filling spots. The second variant has each player playing as to completely separate players each, it simulates a 4 player game, but here is the rub, your score is the lower of the two players you control, so you have to keep everything balanced. It's my favorite as it's not so attacky. The first variant i mentioned is super cut throat and is fun if you want to play super competitively. Both variants are included in the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks,

I like the second variant (it reminds me of Peloponnes concerning the scoring point), it sounds good!!
Ok you have sold me
I am gonna preorder the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.