8 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Components hard to find in Australia and wrong balance of dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio M
Australia
flag msg tools
So, this is more like a rant than a constructive discussion.

AQ is great and the extra components are really good options to enhance the game. But... if you live in Australia, it's basically impossible to get anything other than the base game and the main expansion (BtG).

For example, this game clearly comes with not enough dice (I still don't understand why they did it...). But dice are super hard to find. A few shops have them here, but they are out of stock most of the time.
They also cost quite a bit and for some reason shipping of small items in Australia is never free.

People in the US are so lucky from this point of view.

For many of us, ordering extra components through the Kickstarter is the only option.

I'm curious to know how is the situation is Europe?

Also, I find it strange that the dice packs come with 2 defense dice and 4 attack dice. Why?
Number of defense dice grow a lot more over the course of the campaign than attack.
I can't figure out why the designers made it like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand, but the dice are a bad example... I think they are basically not available anywhere! Not even seen a set in the whole EU for sale at a "normal" price.

they are as rare as rocking horse sh*t

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice packs are only available from CMON store, AFAIK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Components hard to find in Australia and wrong balance of dice
some onlie shops do sell them, for example gamequest in UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
some onlie shops do sell them, for example gamequest in UK

Cool Stuff Inc stocks them regularly as well (at normal prices), but they are US based too, so not sure what international shipping would cost for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lanham
Australia
flag msg tools
i would say the reason he wants them locally is coz us aussies are sick of being shafted by international delivery fees (most of which are OVER QUOTED) and conversion rates.

You would be suprised how quickly the costs escalate to ridiculous numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If your not a stickler for having the original components then see if any stores in your area sell Blank Dice in white and black and just buy an enamel pen and draw the symbols on the dice or if you have a steady hand you can get an engraving tool they are not that expensive and carve the symbols out.

They sell all these items on amazon if your interested. just do a quick search for Blank Dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Agerkvist
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
What's this about the game not having enough dice? I just got the game yesterday and I had no idea. Is it because of bonuses etc when you're towards the end of the campaign?

And yes, limited availability in combination with international shipping rates is annoying AF! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.