Subject: Two general questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
Hello,
Two quick questions:
1. Is there a difference between the Grail and the Moaideas Editions?

Is Renaissance like the original game where you always play with all the card, i.e. less variety?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I think they are the same but I'm not sure.
2. They both have the same amount of cards, but when you combine them you get a lot of variation. (see this review: In Which a Coffee Roaster Becomes the Heir to the Pharaoh by Using Guns & Steel * New Reviews for COFFEE ROASTER, GUNS & STEEL, and HEIR TO THE PHARAOH * First Impressions for HANGING GARDENS, ASHES EXPANSIONS, and GROUND FLOOR * Essen is Coming!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
Hello,
Two quick questions:
1. Is there a difference between the Grail and the Moaideas Editions?
They are 99.99% identical, only difference is the addition of Grail Game logo. It is printed together.

Badigel wrote:
Is Renaissance like the original game where you always play with all the card, i.e. less variety?
Thx
Renaissance is a standalone set that can be played by itself, with all new cards in the tech pyramid. The card mix is the same as the base game, so yes there are no extra cards, everything goes in the supply. Also there are 2 wonders for each age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvester Stachovicz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkavatar1470 wrote:

Renaissance is a standalone set that can be played by itself, with all new cards in the tech pyramid. The card mix is the same as the base game, so yes there are no extra cards, everything goes in the supply. Also there are 2 wonders for each age.

So GnS:R includes the base game? I don't have to buy a base set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
No, G&S:R does not contain the base game.

It has the same number of cards (but not the same cards) and same setup as the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vester wrote:
darkavatar1470 wrote:

So GnS:R includes the base game? I don't have to buy a base set?

It's a standalone expansion. You can play the game without the base set. If you also have the base set, you have more variation.

So just to confirm, you don't have to buy the base game. Guns & Steel: Renaissance is enough to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.