2 Posts

Ave Roma» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are patron bonuses optional? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LCG 74160
msg tools
mb
The rules simply say "Every time you carry out an action [...] you receive the patron's bonus". Is it "you must receive" or "you can receive"?

A real life example is with C. Sulla Felix (for instance). Maybe I do not want to progress at this particular moment in the Colosseum because it gives me nothing and it can benefit other players because I would occupy a space that they cannot afford to pay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
lcg74160 wrote:
The rules simply say "Every time you carry out an action [...] you receive the patron's bonus". Is it "you must receive" or "you can receive"?

A real life example is with C. Sulla Felix (for instance). Maybe I do not want to progress at this particular moment in the Colosseum because it gives me nothing and it can benefit other players because I would occupy a space that they cannot afford to pay...

Of course optional. But for example there is no reason to skip getting more resource, etc. But sure, you can decide not using a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.