12 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Terraforming Mars in french ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe MATHIEU
France
flag msg tools
A french version will planned for this game ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No,
The question as been asked long ago, it has been posted on trictrac also but never get any answer.

Given that a lot of would be french buyers will buy the VO, the market potential for an french version will be even smaller than before the release.

Moreover, Fryx bros plan to release expansions, If you ever buy a VF, will you be sure to have VF expansions? Or mix VF and VO?

Now, I could be wrong, but I think you should leave hope for a VF.

That's quite sad and disappointing of course but it seems at least the game is easily playable without being fluent in english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Mertens
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but it's much harder to play with children...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree, I'm disappointed no francophone editor considered a translation. I just wanted to answer the question of the OP.

Whatever, I began a translation of the cards and will continue as soon as I get the game. At least you will be able to play with your kids with a fan made card translation document if you wait till the end of October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duinhir wrote:
No,
The question as been asked long ago, it has been posted on trictrac also but never get any answer.

Given that a lot of would be french buyers will buy the VO, the market potential for an french version will be even smaller than before the release.

Moreover, Fryx bros plan to release expansions, If you ever buy a VF, will you be sure to have VF expansions? Or mix VF and VO?

That's quite sad and disappointing of course but it seems at least the game is easily playable without being fluent in english

I'm a little dense. What are VF and VO?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
Duinhir wrote:
No,

I'm a little dense. What are VF and VO?

VF = french version (version francaise)
VO = original version (version originale)

I'm just guessing, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles de Rais
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, Marius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it, sorry, some francisism slipped in my answer :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was looking for an answer on this. Sad to see no french version will be made available. As someone mentionned, a french version would make it a lot easier to play with my kids and family.

Good thing is, it seems some generous souls already translated the cards and posted them in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.